#1 Ranked Vols?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Who do you have ahead of us to get the four 1 seeds?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Duke, Gonzaga seem like locks.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gonzaga beat a conference opponent 98-39 last week, if that tells you anything about what their schedule looks like for the rest of the season. Duke still has to play UNC twice, as well as UVA at UVA. Their schedule isn't much easier than ours.

I think a lot of it will depend on who we lose to. Only lose to other tournament teams/ranked opponents, sprinkle in a win or two against UK and a conference tournament title game appearance, and I think we will be in good shape.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, Louisville, who we beat pretty easily, is now ranked 15th in the country after going on a 5 game winning streak. Their next 5 games include:

Home against #9 UNC (who they demolished on January 12th)
    @#12 VT
    @ #25 FSU
    Home against #2 Duke

If they can manage to pull through that stretch with 3 wins, it will only continue to help our case.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Right now, we would definitely get a one seed. But if we lose 3 more games regular season games and don’t win the SEC Tournament, we won’t.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not disagreeing, but I'm curious to know who you think ends up ahead of us if we drop 3 more during the season and one in the SEC tournament.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Fulkerson is like watching a baby giraffe trying to learn how to walk.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

someone’s been watching The Dodo videos this week

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

A few days a week, I just need a good solid cry.

lylsmorr likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Are we still freaking out over this team?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Freaking out over potential Bowden injury.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Duke and UVA are looking good for a 1 seed. Then I’d say the B10 champ Mich/MSU gets a one, with UT, UK, and Gonzaga in the running for the other top spot.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wasn't I being mocked by being asked if I even watch the games when I thought Walker deserved some of Fulkerson's minutes?

The people you meet on the internet.

A-Smith and Tenacious D like this.
  14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Two-loss, fully healthy Zags yet one. Other three are between Duke, UVA, Michigan, Sparty, UK, and us. I’m guessing anyone out of those six who wins their conference regular season + tournament gets one. What could get messy is if all six end up with a conference title of some form, which is entirely possible.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Walker shoots free throws like he’s wearing mittens and tossing a half-filled water balloon.

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I dunno. Those FTs..

GahLee likes this.
  17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

A win at TAMU Saturday would be 16 straight, which would set a new school record.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Hack-a-Derrick is going to become a thing in a close game late if he plays. Alexander can’t be in foul trouble all the time.

GahLee likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Michigan has looked as shaky as us lately, and they actually lost one of their close games. Michigan State got destroyed by Purdue recently, if I remember correctly.

Probably right on the Zags, even if their conference is a joke.

Not much of a hot take to think Duke is legit and snags a one.

I'm not sold on UVA at all. Also, NC State is currently taking them to overtime.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont think in college ball you can go intentionally foul off ball without it being called intentional