#1 Ranked Vols?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Jan 28, 2019.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

One thing that concerns me is if Alexander gets hurt or in foul trouble because we have nothing behind him. Fulky plays hard but just isnt gonna cut it.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Bone
    Turner
    Bowden
    Admiral
    Grant

That lineup is the best small ball lineup in the country. Alexander would be missed but UT would still be a really good team.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I think this is correct as well.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

While playing hot potato.

5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

My wife was wondering how he could be so bad at FT at this level.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Alexander was outclassed yesterday. Was a very good test for him and should show him where he needs to be. Silva will be best player he has to defend until late March.

Plus, everyone else he has to guard won’t be allowed to travel every time they touch the ball.

TBSVOL likes this.
  7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

And would likely not prevail over UK, Duke, or any other team with several really good big men. We could get by with it temporarily but its not the ideal lineup long term.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe those FT's was just to get those college kids some free Chik fil A. He's a man of the people.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

thought that was kinda funny. Sellout. Sandman playing. And cheers for free chicken while getting that ass whipped

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It’s not hyperbole to say that this may be my worst take on anything, ever.

That’s a damned high (low?) bar.

Not only do I deserve every ounce of shit for it, but no one should ever allow me to forget it.

I don’t know what happened to Bone last night, or what he’s being asked to do from one game to the next, but he was so absolutely unstoppable as to put any question of his abilities to rest. I was stupid to even question it.

I’m now worried that we lose him, Admiral and Grant to the NBA this year, tbh.

I’m indefensibly stupid.

11. Tenacious D

Fulk made a very tough catch-and-shoot on that first run out...and I really thought he was finally going to get going.

And then he tripped over his own feet while under zero pressure, and where he just had pivot to hand it off, while just remaining upright.

And then he completely mishandled the next run-out and turned it over.

And then he got a rebound...and despite (again) being completely unguarded and under zero pressure, he proceeded to simply fall over while just standing still (and it was 100% the same thing that USC had done earlier and was called as a walk...but which wasn’t called on Fulk for some reason) and trying to hand it off, again.

And then he threw an easy pass on the perimeter to no one on the offensive end.

I miss the pre-injury Fulk.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a real chance we lose Bone to the draft early. I think Grant will very likely come back. I am hoping all of Admiral's dreams come true, whatever they may be.

The most amazing thing about this ride is that this team STILL hasn't peaked. We played without Turner, now he is back and looks better than ever. We played last night without Bowden who has been solid for us, and didn't miss a beat. Alexander was a nonfactor, didn't matter. Actually mixed in some 3-2 zone with success in the second half, maybe the best zone we've done all year...

I know UK is going to be tough, but we really are on a trajectory here to be the best team in the nation not just in January, but when it is all said and done this year. Bone is a huge part of that.

TBSVOL likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

His speed / aggressiveness in attacking the rim last night was jaw-dropping. They had no answer for it, and I wonder who will, if anyone, tbh.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And you can’t step back, to give yourself a buffer to react to his quickness, because he demonstrated that he’ll shoot and hit 50% of his 3s if you give him that look.

He’s as good as any point guard in the country.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The only teams with guys who can slow Bone down, without some sort of help, are Kentucky with Hagans and Duke with Jones.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He won’t be in there in that situation

17. Ssmiff

We should throw the zone at Ky. Feel they will eat us up on the clearout pick and rolls.
    Zone last night such a good call. Up 10 or whatever, the zone basically took away possessions from SC who wanted to attack quick

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Bone was *really* struggling early this season. It's obvious now that it was a funk and not a representation of his abilities.

19. Ssmiff

Frank Martin, in summary, said he's been around a long time and we are as good as anyone he's played.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod