POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Wow, what insight here - the left is going to roll out an "anti-Trump tenor" strategy in 2020. Careful, you start giving out inside dope like this, and you'll find yourself under investigation.

This is pablum, even for you.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

What is your deal with calling me a piece of shit Tenny. Does it make you feel like a man?

3. Tenacious D

I love him, hope that he wins the Demo nomination, and will send you a bottle of Boone's to celebrate if he does.

4. Tenacious D

Your side has no shortage of really eloquent people.

Might spend a little time examining what he just said, and not just how he said it.

Or, full steam ahead - I love the guy. Looks like just the cat to knock Trump off.

5. Tenacious D

No, they're about to be so desperate that I'll be at 25:1 odds to win the Dem nomination, before the train even leaves Iowa.

6. Tenacious D

Who's calling, please?

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Being completely serious, Tenny. Please. Have you researched him/listened to him at all? What is your legit take? For whatever reason I've always been a fairly good judge of people, even from a distance. This guy is special and it legit has nothing to do with his team (though it doesn't hurt). Highly intelligent but with an ability to connect on a personal level, authentic, a veteran who believes in service, talks openly and freely about his faith and kindness radiates from him in waves.

We definitely need to hear more from him on policy, but what I know of his positions so far I like.

I've yet to see a better candidate out there. He's legit.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Notre.

Dame.

gcbvol likes this.
  9. gcbvol

Well, there is that.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

No, I was asking if pandering was worth it, but I think you knew that.

11. cpninja

cpninja Member

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You didn't understand the meaning here.

13. Tenacious D

Yes, me is stupid. Check 1-2.

14. Tenacious D

Pandering for black votes.....with cash?

15. Tenacious D

No, I haven't studied him at length, but I will, and will give y0u my honest take.

But, he's a white, male and undoubtedly Christian, so he's already doomed in your party of inclusivity and diversity. TennTra is likely already planning on going up there and burning a Ford Taurus in his yard.

It isn't fair, and it isn't right, but that's reality.

justingroves and gcbvol like this.
  16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I didn't even say you were stupid, just that you weren't understanding what I was getting at. But, hey, [uck fay] it. Only you can tell everyone how stupid they are. In every post. Every single time.

But, if you are really interested in my point, however unlikely, I know they are going to run on anti-Trump platforms. Duh. The point being the anti-Trump thing wasn't a massive unifier in 2016, but the elections of 2018 and the tenor of the mood now seems to be more dedicated towards that effect in 2020. The blowback from the Bernie Bros and the poor organization and interest of black voters in the urban areas do not seem to be as much of an issue as they were in 2016.

17. gcbvol

I do not disagree it will be a difficult path for him to navigate. It's the flat truth. However, I honestly believe he will appeal to moderate Ds, Is and perhaps a scattering of Rs. I think his crossover appeal is better than any other current candidate. And. He. Has. Substance. This ain't no Beto.

Look forward to your take.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If he runs on a platform to completely dismantle the entire University of Notre Dame I will lead a military coup and have him in the White House within a month.

NorrisAlan, justingroves and gcbvol like this.
  19. Tenacious D

Damned strong start.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

His parents both worked for Notre Dame. He is extremely connected there.