The Masters 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Apr 11, 2019.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It’s a compelling story. Why wouldn’t they?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’m one of those who tuned in down the stretch only because of Tiger. And I’m not a fan of his...I’m just a sucker for a compelling story with big stakes.

If he hadn’t been in the hunt, I’d have fallen asleep watching Walker Texas Ranger.

GahLee and justingroves like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I always took you as a Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman type guy.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How big is today, as a moment, in the history of golf? It has to be up there.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Not enough roundhouse kicks.

dknash likes this.
  6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I like watching them hit balls in the woods and water. I hate watching them hit an 8 iron 200 yards to within 6 feet of the cup.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They've spent, what, 4-5 years trying to proclaim Tiger is back? This will be insufferable now that he's actually won.

kmf600 and IP like this.
  8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't particularly see how this is a compelling story.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"A generation's most dominant golfer wins again after imposing hell on himself for years, started by cheating on his wife with Perkins waitresses."

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Wut

GahLee likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not many care less for him than I, and I'll tip my cap to that. 4 days of consistent good to great golf.

kmf600 likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hasn’t he had multiple significant surgeries? How does that fall under “imposing hell on himself?”

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've no idea how he may have brought that on himself

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Tiger and Michael Jordan are the only two front runner athletes, so to speak, which I've chosen as my favorites in the sport, so I've enjoyed today. I've also enjoyed the ones who hate Tiger having to suffer through Tigermania again because he chased tons of strange and was a bit insufferable as a younger player. Some are insufferable now without having been the greatest ever in their field while being insanely rich and famous, nor have any idea what it's like to have gorgeous women trying to get on your tip the moment you leave your house.

Mostly, though, I just find a sport with which I have a, at best, passing interest, much more fun to watch with him in it. And, today was fun to watch.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The guy never got a chance to do anything but golf from childhood to when his dad died.

GahLee likes this.
  16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm not saying I don't understand why he did it. He brought any chance of injury on himself with that, though. I don't think he cared, nor should he.

It's, again, his [penis] riders that I'm referring to. And the fact that throughout all that shit period of his career when he didn't do anything, we still had to hear about him as if he were winning.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nothing good is going to come out of me being in this thread any more. So, fellate away.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If I was a young multi-quabillionaire who was in shape and under the kind of scrutiny that he’s had - good, bad, right, wrong, undeserved and self-imposed or not - I’d choose to hang around with a bunch of Seals, too, and wouldn’t give a shit about the golfers in the clubhouse or what they thought of it, or me.

How many of you hang out with the people you work with?

I’m very happy for him, and glad he got the win. But overall, and even considering that he’s in the conversation as the GOAT, I think he’s still only tapped a lesser portion of his immense potential than he’s realized. I remember when his beating Nicklaus’ record was a forgone conclusion, some 15 years ago. Hell, I thought him capable of doubling the major record at one point - and he probably could have.

I’m not a golf fan, and am just giving my $.02. I’m happy that he won, and for him, but also understand that not everyone likes him, and for many good reasons, too.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I remember when I did this hate on Tiger bit on TOS 10 years ago or whatever it was.

Now I just enjoy moments like this. It’s more fun.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I like Tiger. * for me though for his roid period, which was part his body failing him, Enjoyed today though and never seen a golf scene like that before. Trying to think of other sports scenes to compare.