Rick Barnes Is Staying

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NEW COACH, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Lost 6 games this year and OT vs Ks, LSU and Purdue. It all still stings

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good grief. This is still twisting what I've said badly.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m just happy we finally had to give a coach a raise to stay instead of a coach leveraging us to get a raise from his current school.

Nice to see how the other half lives.

justingroves likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

all I am saying is the amount is quantifiable

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And a job, for better or worse, that a lot of coaches would give strong consideration to.

6. CardinalVol

I also find it humorous that we are mad that a coach is being honest, if not to a fault.

Tar Volon and warhammer like this.
  7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You said he shouldn't be able to say he loves UT because he wanted to leave. Tell me what you meant.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And it would be at UCLA, too. He's coaching basketball for money. This isn't a holy crusade.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's exactly it. Don't pander to the crowd that you love this place when you were out the door for less money, factoring in cost of living. COL is 62% higher there. He hardly chose to come back. He was going to have to pay a massive amount out of pocket to leave. All his commentary today was about how he intended to leave and how he would have been the coach had the buyout not been the issue.

That's fine. I don't have an issue with that. Make the best move for you. Don't come back with that "aw shucks I love it here" Bruce Pearl brand of pandering crap when it doen't take much to entice you. Leave well enough alone.

IP likes this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd really like to own a cabin in Denver. A loft in NYC. A beachfront home in Califorina. An apartment in Paris. A condo in St. Thomas. A home in Tuscany. A yacht in the gulf. An over the water hut in Tahiti. I also really like it in East TN. I don't see any hypocrisy in that.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm done banging my head against the wall over this.

12. CardinalVol

Whatever. You are just here for monetary reasons.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He’d like anywhere he gets overpaid for early tournament exits

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Rick Barnes wanted and was willing to leave Tennessee, save his $5M buyout.

Despite Tennessee making him the third highest priced coach, instead, he has no problem saying that he wanted and was willing to leave.

Bet.

See what love affair he enjoys for the remainder of his four years, and his annual run to the Sweet 16.

15. Tenacious D

I’d like to hear these guys tell their wives that they thought about running off with a chick / dude at work, but realized that it was too expensive. And then follow up by saying that they only decided to stay for those monetary considerations.

Or better, have their wives say the same to them.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They loved their wives even though they intended to leave, though.

Loved. Not liked.

17. Tenacious D

This other chick didn’t have enough money to make up the half I’d have to give you in leaving....so I love it here. I guess.

18. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

So we overpaid him to stay at a place he really doesn't want to be, but then talks it up afterwards...

19. CardinalVol

This is getting downright comical.

Poppa T likes this.
  20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

If only the prayer for filled pockets was answered. (it's a joke)

I do give him credit for the honesty, uncomfortable as it is. He had to know he was going to catch flak.