How many wins makes 2019 a successful year?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Joshua Arnold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Agreed and what I've been saying, wins in the context of getting more competitive with the conference leaders and beat Vandy for [uck fay]s sake. Other than that 6, 7, 8 whatever for this year. With where we've been, year 3 should be the breakout year. This year get to a bowl, look well coached, win the games you're supposed to win, win at least one you're not, be competitive in the losses and look more talented.

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

4. 01badz28

01badz28 New Member

Minimum of six wins, with one of them being over Vandy. Anything else (even if we somehow get to six wins but lose to Vandy) would be unacceptable IMO.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

justingroves likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Look good. Look aware at qb and on time. Block people. Run hard and see lanes. Get open and catch the ball. Penetrate on D, make tackles, hit hard and cause turnovers. We do those things and can win 9. Don't do a couple or more of them and oh no we suck again.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If I care enough to watch a game the end of September, beginning of October, it'll be a start.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Did you ask him who at the NCAA he was running that up the flagpole for?

justingroves likes this.
  9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Score more and we’ll win damn near all of ‘em.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You know what you have with Bama, UGA and UF (to a lesser extent as far as talent gap) right now. You need a perfect storm to beat the first 2 and something close with UF on the road.
    0-3

The next group that everybody is talking about.

SC, UK, State, Vandy, Mizzou.

Does anyone think SC rolls into Knoxville this year much better than last year when they had to come from behind at home?
    Stoops just hit his ceiling at UK last year and last by 17 in Knoxville. They lost more than they have to replace them with.
    State lost a lot as well. They re more talented than UK but replacing their QB is a big problem from a production standpoint. And they are replacing 3 first round draft picks and 1 second rounder.
    Vandy lost the best QB they ve had since Cutler. And after last year if we re not ready to handle them regardless of record at that stage its time to burn it down and start over.
    Mizzou is the biggest question mark with the new QB. If he transitions well they will be tough to beat over there.
    4-1, 3-2

Outside BYU I dont even remember who is left.
    If you lose one of those you better grab a win out of the other group.

Anything less than 7 is unacceptable. If he finds 9 wins recruiting will hit another gear, which is what he needs if he wants to compete for Atl by year 4.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Agreed

chavisut likes this.
  12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

[​IMG]

13. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I've changed my mind. All of them or GTFO

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Tennessee wins 8 and Chandler has around 1,200 all purpose yards.

Darrell Taylor and Daniel Bituli earn themselves a lot of money and the dline is going to be about 7 guys that rotate constantly.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

At least 8. I'm bullish

kmf600 likes this.
  16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Chaney now at the helm. Feeling good at the moment about a much better season.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6 and 6. 7 and 5 if football gods finally smile on us.

kmf600 and Tenacious D like this.
  18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is correct.

kmf600 likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

15-0 mother[uck fay]ers!

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is the floor. IMO

utvol0427 likes this.