What happens now?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 1, 2019.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is where I am.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Saturday left me in a position where I am not hoping that Pruitt wins a championship here or has a solid decade of success. The hope is he figures out how not to completely nuke his second season, blow up a recruiting class and get fired after his 3rd season. If hes able to accomplish that after Saturday, I may allow myself to hope he can take another step which will be competing for the division.

I have no faith UT will fire him and hire the guy. It's not a given they will land an AD that pull it off even if they were given full resources to do it.

It's a sad state.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m not even thinking about championships rn. I’d just like to have a little fun is all. We can’t even get that

reVOLt, ptclaus98 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Right now no one should.

Before Sat it was still a thought, even tho it was still a few years away from being possible.

My only point was he now has substantially lower hurdles to clear before that's even a consideration anymore.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’m actually a bit envious of Rocky... his #1 actually knows how to deal with adversity, keep on playing and pull out the win... with a true freshman in his first start, no less. Watching Tennessee is like watching Ground Hogs Day on an endless loop.

6. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

Except in Groundhog Day, Bill Murray eventually learns the lessons of repeating the same actions endlessly.

Maybe we are just stuck in the part of the movie where he repeatedly tries to kill himself...

7. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

8. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jennings is a gift pruitt doesn't deserve.

warhammer and Tenacious D like this.
  10. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What happens now?

I for one, consider just how important this next game is and whether it is worth me tuning in (aka look for a reliable stream I can access) at 0100 on Sunday to watch it. I mean I almost have to because, if they lose, I might not bother for the rest of the year. So much as I try to be apathetic, I still need my fix. One game will leave me wanting.

12. https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/09/03/jennings-im-the-leader-so-were-going-to-get-this-right/

PilotFlyingJ and Poppa T like this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

UT should pay him. He probably just made 10,000 fans change their mind about the game. I'm actually halfway dumb enough considering going now.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I had the same thought too when reading the comments. I have two tickets and a parking pass in hand and was at a 0% chance of going, now I'm at about a 5% chance.

15. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Steady

smokysbark likes this.
  16. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

If this team loses to BYU and Florida Neyland in the Georgia game will look like a small company rented it for a company picnic.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Nah, Georgia will travel better than that.

lylsmorr likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Terell Bailey entered transfer portal.

Shut it all down.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Evidently it was not a popular decision amongst the team to put Kurott Garland’s lazy ass high up the depth chart after skipping almost all of fall practice.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who?

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.