What happens now?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I feel like submitting my name to the fan transfer portal, myself. I literally found myself pulling for Ga State to win by the 4th quarter... I’m starting to hate Tennessee football, I really am. Not the fans (for the most part, anyway) not the university but the football program has become loathsome to me. Odious, even.

A-Smith, RevBubbaFlavel and chef65 like this.
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wouldn’t be the worst idea for them. UT is so poo poo

utvol0427 and InVolNerable like this.
  3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If you're a parent of one of our new freshman, how do you not encourage that after watching yesterday's game ?

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You do your best the rest of the year and leave the right way.
    Quitting at first trouble isn't a good habit to form

5. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I knew you guys would have fun with this!! Ha, it’s Ga State, relax I was expecting us to win at least 3 SEC games this year, right now we are just a little better at than Scooba MS

6. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

When I’m watching ncaa FB “experts” give commentary about Vols woes they almost always do it with mocking grins and one liners, I hate that. But we deserve every single ounce of the contempt, from the chancellor on down. That or voodoo is real, and the program is a doll with enough puns in it to resemble a porcupine.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Portland State beat Washington State in 2015. WSU still won 9 that year. That 07 Michigan team that lost to Appy State won 9. LSU lost to Troy in 2017, they still won 9.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Two out of three of those teams run any post Dobbs Tennessee team out of the stadium far more often than not.

9. Savage Orange

I am unable to begin to can’t even....

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm just saying, these losses haven't been the death of programs.

I'm pretty sure this loss leads to a coaching search in 2020, but I was surprised when I looked those up too

11. Savage Orange

I hear you, JG... I just don’t believe there is any correlation to be made between those programs and Tennessee over the last decade plus. It’s like we imposed the death penalty on ourselves... The ‘AA couldn’t have done a better job of putting a once proud program six feet under if they had tried to. We did all the work for them.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jeremy Pruitt has now put the weight of the world on these next 11 games. He wins 8, this will be looked at as a blip.

He doesn't, he's a lame duck head coach.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The thing that I cant see how they come back from, is how do you instill confidence, desire to win or even try to win after a performance like that. This team doesn't appear to want to play for him, and he doesnt appear to even want to be here. This is the only way I can think to explain the problem we have right now, because I know he and this staff aren't so bad that they'd return 80% of their roster from last year, showed flashes of having a bright future during last season, only to roll out that performance on Saturday. But heck, what do I know? Nothing.

RockyHill and Daddy Gee like this.
  14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Drop the upperclassmen not performing and play the newcomers

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. Savage Orange

Then he’s a lame duck. No way these guys win 8 this year. No. Way.

16. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

I did that back in the day when it felt like the only way to get rid of Dooley, or Butch. Heck, I'll admit to rooting against Fulmer at the end because I thought we could do better (never been more wrong in my life on that one - live and learn). Against GA State though, I couldn't even get there. There always seemed like light at the end of the tunnel, but there's none left anymore. Pruitt goes 2-10 and gets canned, then what? Another coach that won't dig out of the hole?

17. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

The easiest thing to do would be shut the program down, forfeit the schedule, fire the staff, pull all the scholarships. Wait till next year and start from scratch. I don’t think that’s a doable option, or even legal. But it’d make me feel better.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We always do everything the worst way possible and get the worst and most embarrassing result possible.

Ergo...

We will probably elevate Tee to interim head coach, later conduct a very public national search, get turned down by everyone, including several coaches we didn’t even ask, then ultimately just make Tee a permanent HC, claiming he was our first choice all along. He fails miserably. Due to his hero status as a player we let him hang on longer than he should, drawing extra vitriol from the fans. We handle his eventual dismissal terribly, isolating all former lettermen and prompting cries of racism from the national media. The SEC releases us and replaces us with UNC. We go to the Sun Belt and get our asses kicked annually by Georgia State. Also Smokey mauls a baby or something and the mascot is forever discontinued.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Agreed.

It was a difficult job to get this thing fixed to begin with. He made that a lot harder Saturday.

This weekend will tell me if theres a remote chance of it changing.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

This ain't yo grandfather's Tennessee.