What happens now?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 1, 2019.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Going to be awesome when Harrison Bailey decommits, the multitude of great players he’s reeling in also look elsewhere, and we are left with two QBs that couldn’t beat out Guaranturnover (grad transfer coming) and no wide receivers for our game in Norman next season.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Our jr sucking might be a reason. Somebody else did it is never a reason.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It just shows freshman can and do perform weekly. Add in ours outperformed Nix at Elite 11 and it makes you wonder.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah but he was just playing in an away game against a top 15 team. Didn’t have to deal with the pressure of a home crowd against the 28th best football team in Georgia.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

Every situation is different. The particulars of ours might make it work, or not. “It worked for them” isn’t a reason

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only way he salvages anything is damn near winning out. I don't see it, but that's the only way people forgive yesterday.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t know that I forgive it, but I guess I could be made to think it was a fluke. Gonna take some wins though

10SEvols likes this.
  8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Unfortunately our trending is going the wrong way to call this a fluke. I agree though, gonna take a miracle.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

What happens now is a grittty rebound loss to byu followed by a comfortable win over utc before the sec beats the [uck fay] out of us.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Fulmer interim

TimRoo likes this.
  11. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

There’s no positivity coming out of this season.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Let’s [uck fay]ing ride.

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Meant with our o line.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hard to call it a fluke with the way last year ended and this year started.

Dooley and Butch had both had way more going for them at this point.

Hopefully if Pruitt isn’t the guy it’s so clear by the end of this year that we don’t waste three years on him.

If we start 1-3, I don’t see how we keep him.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Win the next three and the consensus is that it was a fluke. Not that I really expect that to happen, but it’s not like the bar just went to nine wins.

justingroves and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You think? Honestly, if they put together 7 wins in the season, I'd let this game slide. If they could find 8, I'd forget about it for a while at least. It's just after watching yesterday, I just can't find a good shot at a win from an opponent outside the Grand Division left on the schedule.

lylsmorr likes this.
  17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Tennessee just lost to a Sun Belt team, that didn’t exist a decade ago, who won 2 games last year, had never beaten a P5 opponent, at Neyland and in their season opener.

Tennessee shouldn’t be favored to win any game on its remaining schedule, save UTC.

I’d question anyone’s sanity who had them as single digit underdogs.

Any talk of their finding 7 wins on this schedule is stupid.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Regardless of how this season turns out, yesterday was something that will follow Pruitt around for the rest of his career. It will always be the elephant in any room he walks in and he knows it.

TDVol1989, RockyHill and justingroves like this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Incorrect. The biggest weakness is the mentally handicapped Alabama piece of shit that hired Friend.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If I'm Morris, Wright, Henry T, Gray, etc., I use the four game redshirt rule to get the [uck fay] away from this train wreck without wasting a year of eligibility.

Daddy Gee likes this.