Its Simple

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 21, 2019.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It's a zero sum game. You don't put in the freshman and think you can just toss JG back in.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Feels like people are pissed we played the scapegoat.

We get rolled today with any of our QBs. We get rolled against UGa and bama with any of our quarterbacks. So you try to find the best way not to give away uk and usc and vandy. And sad as it is, there is a good chance that's guarantano.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He’s not going to rust if we let Mauer play a half of a game that’s already out of hand.

Memtownvol and chavisut like this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And now we have JG with a sandy vagina since he was benched for a few series today, a true freshman who still has minimal playing experience, and a top 3 team in the country rolling into town in two weeks. Pruitt has set this up to be the biggest beat down in UT history. It's impressive, really.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

But when you do that, you send a msg to the upperclassmen that have bought in that you are giving up on those games.

6. cotton

I don't know what you mean by zero sum game, but you can do what you say you can't. In fact, we just did.

Upperclassman sucked. Try frosh. Frosh sucked. Back to jr.

This just doesn't look like malpractice to me.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Big fish aren’t always the right person is my point. Harbaugh still can’t figure it out.

8. cotton

We would have every one of those things anyway.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I can see all of that. I do think we are 2-0 with Maurer, but not sure he could pull off a UF upset, unless he was named starter in august.

10. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Have to agree to disagree. At this point Maurer gives you the same or better odds. JG gives you no chance.

Memtownvol and hohenfelsvol like this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If our coach wasn't dense, we'd have a freshman QB with 3-4 games worth of playing experience.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Also no idea why they didn't run more read option with a QB that could actually, you know, read and run.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Absolutely zero

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS likes this.
  14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Hell, he’s given them two NY6 bowls in four seasons. I’ll take two winning seasons ATP.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Maurer looked like the better QB to me. I won't say he's great, but he wasn't a wooden statue waiting to get popped and at least put the ball down the field a few times.

Memtownvol and chavisut like this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hell, just entertain me.

17. cotton

There are lots of reasons to be upset over the first 3 or 4 games if the season, and many of them have to do with coaching. I just don't subscribe to this one. It looks like the old adage of the backup being the most popular guy on campus.

18. cotton

He was 4/11 for 44 yards and a pick. He had 3 rushes for 1 yard.His last several passes landed on the Gatorade table. He sucked. JG sucked and he sucked and shrout probably sucks worse than either or somebody would have him in the game.

And if you want to blame coaching for having 3 QBs who aren't worth a [uck fay], fine. That's a legit complaint. But I'm not rolling with the argument that we should have played the other guy that sucked instead if the first guy that sucked.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Maurer played to settle JG down

SMH

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Chaney seemed to call nothing but fly routes after giving Maurer the easy throws. It made no sense.