I'm here for a fight (aka HendersonVol's Pathetic Attempt to be a Badass)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Aug 29, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The tagline does not do that. If it did, you'd have been banned immediately upon registering.

The tagline is meant to imply that intelligent ideas can be argued with passion.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

And you said we aren't creative.

3. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

We dont know each other personally, so what we post is the only way people can judge each other.

If you post one thing that is stupid, then thats not a biggie.

Its if a pattern of stupid posts occur, that causes people to believe that in real life, the poster is stupid.

To avoid this pattern, dont post stupid shit

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You think if we were trying to populate this board solely with intellectuals we'd allow any dumb[uck fay] with a modem to join?

Your seeding in that tournament will be the greatest achievement of your life.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yes - it says that we are all intellectuals. That's exactly right. The tagline is clearly a response to what motivated the creation for the site. But, if you want to talk about egos, I wish you could see some that we've encountered over the last few weeks...

Regardless, this site is a site where intelligent discussion will be encouraged and stupid shit will be called that. That's the point. Thus, our response to your arrival. Present something intelligent, and I'll see what I can do to mold the groupthink.

6. WM

WM Active Member

[video=youtube;qq8CEoC8czs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq8CEoC8czs[/video]

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

how the hell did i miss this thread? it has "Instant Classic" written all over it

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Since we just got our first troll*, does that mean we've made it?

*that is, if we aren't counting Mania.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Henderson (not convinced it's him, this is plutonium-grade trolling, even for him) seems to believe that this board just started, because he's only recently heard of it.

While his formulaic approach is Henderson-esque (you're stupid, no I'm not, you are, ad nauseum), his means of finding this site (Sab's twitter?) sounds conveniently contrived, at best. But i don't care enough to find a minor-male child with access to Sab's Twitter feed to investigate. Whether it's actually him or not is of little consequence, as really he's little more than a instigating plant, hoping to bring about the dumbing of the collective, or our banishment of him.

Either way - he (whomever he is) should get the same treatment which he so easily deserves (and most greatly fears?) - that he be completely ignored. As he derives strength from being pummeled, hitting him harder or more often only bolsters his nonsense and gives him the sadistic attention he craves. So, don't provide the fuel, and he will simply return to VN, where he is undoubtedly on a bulleted fast-track to mod status.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Great post, or greatest post?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

POTY material.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

i agree that the trolling was better than I would have expected...

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sweet 3 post melt. TennyD is really in your head.

14. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

somewhat strange that it bothers you so much that this forum was created. i can see the pm's flying now over at vn....oh wait.

countvolcula likes this.
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, we're definitely doing a lot of modding. We've banned all of two usernames, one of which was a spambot. There have probably been a total of less than ten deleted posts, including spam. I'm sure you'll dispute this post with some prediction of a horrible war-torn future based on what happened on another board that totally contradicts the whole groupthink circle jerk angle you've worked so hard on.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Further proof that many swimmers should have been expelled into a napkin rather than into the belly of a whore.

17. Tenacious D

So, ONUV - despite your start, here, and your notable history, elsewhere - you are welcome to post here.

Of course, you'll determine what kind of experience that will ultimately be, but then, we're all Darwinists at heart.

So, do with your "clean slate" as you please and would most prefer.

18. Tenacious D

Can't help but to agree, Dooz.

And especially when considering that he has followed us (read: those which he purports such a strong feeling of disdain) here. One would think he'd be contented with those like-minded others at VN and V,B - an even more, when considering our absence from either venue.

But alas, he was as likely as dissatisfied with the other sites as we were, and cannot stay away.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Now that the insults are over why don’t you look around and find a thread or two to post something substantive.

20. Tenacious D

Really, that's the maddening thing about our friend, ONUV - he's got the tools you'd typically look for:

1. Mad word-smithing skills
    2. Strong (though often unpopular) opinions
    3. A will to jump in the fray and a tenacity (however misguided, at times) to stay there

But, he chooses to use his considerable talents for equal parts horseshit and nonsense, instead. Sad, really. Even for the interwebz. Ravenheart sad.

I liken it to Sab and Selma Hayek having a child - you could sort of see some resemblance to Selma's beauty, but such positive traits would be vastly overshadowed by the kid spewing an endless stream of sophomoric nonsense regarding his ill-founded sense of superiority, and which is exercised through a two-pronged approach of alienating and insulting those whom he (desperately) seeks attention and approval (somebody has daddy issues).

Of course, were I to carry the analogy much further, we would have to quickly include the stalking of other little boys, and so much like a date I recently had with NYY's sister, I will withdraw, here, rather than risk further harm.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011