COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s messed up

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's more interesting to me than trying to figure out the urns thing.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Read this morning that the Netherlands recalled 600,000 faulty masks.

Made in China.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I feel so bad for the Chinese people, but [uck fay] their [uck fay]ing government. I hope the people of China realize they actually have all of the power and exercise it.

Volst53 and VolDad like this.
  5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Apparently they’ve been singing the rebellion song used in Hong Kong from their balconies.

Hopefully they’re getting close to the tipping point

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

When it happens, it will be like a dam breaking. It will happen in Iran at some point too.

7. NorrisAlan

And India is going to be [uck fay]ed. Lock the country down, people starve. Don't lock the country down, untold will die from COVID.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't that different from our situation, tbh. It might be that the lesser cost at this point in time would be to carry on. But hopefully I'm wrong and someone has a better way.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How many people normally die in that area over that span?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

All Dutch are racists.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m not sure I understand. Seems like it would be quite a bit different.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know, but I think that is the right question because they were doing this with EVERY death. The 20 million cell users going away is more interesting, though there must be something else going on as that death rate would be way too high. Maybe couldn't pay for the cell while in lock down?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like a crap ton of people would probably be unable to keep up cell phones costs simply as a result of the quarantine.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we keep everything shut down but don't do anything for the millions who work in the restaurant industry, or anything "event" oriented, they are all on the street. It won't be as fast, but there could be a spiral leading to really, really bad things on that level. They are talking about 30% unemployment.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t know how they do billing and that shit in a “communist” country.

He wasn’t saying 20 million were dead just that 20 million had went offline

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

By the way, US deaths are down 7 to 10k a week the last couple of weeks. Side effect of the measures is that deaths due to other things like flu seem to be declining precipitously.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

As you know from the quotes, they aren't communist in a pure sense. They are authoritarian using the guise and strings of "communism." Their economy is capitalist, but lobotomized by the Party.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Interesting.

Permanent " Social Distancing" in the future.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I saw this chart the other day.

Made me laugh because one of Clay Travis' big talking points was "more people will die from these measures than the actual virus itself." **

** Not to discount consequences of these measures. I just enjoy Dr. Clay looking like a dumbass.

IP likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]