COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The headline reads and its obvious its intention is to frighten people into staying at home.
    People are becoming immune to bogus headlines and their intent.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Actually, the article does, in fact, verify the number of beds are nearing capacity and the very first sentence of the article attributes this idea directly to the county's commissioner.

I think your desire to present this as a hoax, or whatever, is affecting how you read these articles. There's zero wrong with that article.

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  3. Ssmiff

Yes @float i misread that part but still dont agree with the reason i believe the article was written, which was to intimate to headline readers that they were near capacity due to covid. When have you recently read any headline regarding hospital capacity without it referring to covid.

The headline about icu bed capacity at this time is more than convenient timing to try to control peoples movements and actions.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No, that is your own bias and fear working itself into the headline.

Just read things EXACTLY as written. Do that always. You'll be happier.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Yeah that article seems pretty reasonable and well-written.

6. Ssmiff

yes the article is fine but anybody in their right mind reads the headline and assumes its due to covid immediately. Dont lie. Especially since there are NO Other headlines about hospitals in trouble in the icu unless its due to covid. Quit trying to tell me im saying its a hoax and just agree with my point or disagree. Never said it was a hoax. Said it was overblown and now assume 30x people have it than being tested. I wasnt wrong before and dont believe i am now. Overhyped, yes. Hoax, no. Do i think media and govt want to control what we day and do right now, yep.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

ICU is usually at 50 to 80 percent capacity, right? they aren't sitting empty until now.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. Ssmiff

Not really as i dont read half your posts but that study is from info from 15 years ago btw.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

you not reading is becoming a Rosetta stone for understanding your positions

SetVol13 likes this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No shit.

SetVol13 likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

70 to 80% depending on time of year from what I've been told

13. Ssmiff

No its me keeping sanity by not reading bullshit from woke left wingers like you and doozy the douche.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The only control they want is to get you to click their link for that sweet ad revenue. Nothing more, nothing less.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Again, no shit.

16. Ssmiff

Very true but imo a little more than that in pushing people to stay at home with a headline that immediately strikes fear for a large part of the florida population when they read it, which is exactly what i was told when i was sent the link.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't but I'm a robot.

If ICU beds were full or even mostly full of COVID patients, we'd all be shut down again. Stay at home order type shutdown.

Because that means we're in overflow.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

To what end? Who are "they"? How are these headlines any different than any other type of crisis that has happened in this country in the last 150 years? And what evidence is there of this cabal-type effort other than "feelings"?

And please, don't give me the usual "look it up" or "do some research and you will find it" routine. Please.

SetVol13 likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure that we would shut down, to be honest. We are making our own hell.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think states would. Trump has moved on, but I think states would.

fl0at_ likes this.