COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My wife's nephew, a college graduate, actually thinks since Trump has the Rona, he is going to die. Are there really people out there thank think if you get this, you're going to get deathly ill and possibly die?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

are you saying you don't think anybody gets sick and dies from this?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The death rate is no where near 100%, so your nephew is worrying/hoping for no real good reason. He is the President and will get the best possible healthcare that one can on this planet, and our ability to treat this thing, I think, has gotten a bit better than it was in March and April.

That said, Trump is right in this things wheelhouse as far as demographics go.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

he's also getting immediate and constant care. I think ultimately they'll be fine, with any luck at all.

But that doesn't mean nobody gets sick and dies from this. hope hicks by accounts is sick right now, and she is quite young and seemingly healthy otherwise

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

the chief concern has always been that this is so contagious that it could overwhelm the care system.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yes, because people are getting deathly ill and dying from this.

But Trump is President, so he'll get the best care in the planet, and likely not miss a beat, this fueling the "hoax" bullshit.

But Borris Johnson was hospitalized for like a week... so just being lead doesn't mean it doesn't hit you.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Trump is going to come out to Stone Cold Steve Austin music claiming his immune system is the best, the greatest and he's fine at the next debate

dknash and TennTradition like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the debate is in less than two weeks, it will need to be remote.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Him getting it and coming out of it pretty easily is just episode 10 of this show. He will be obnoxious. An entire snl skit could be written with potential responses.

TennTradition likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

agreed, it just feels like the natural next plot point.

TennTradition and justingroves like this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Feels like claiming credit for a new treatment that miraculously cured him is definitely coming.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess that thought came out wrong, what I'm asking is, do people actually think you get this and it's a death sentence? Because he actually thinks since Trump has it, he will be deathly ill, and possibly die. So I'm watching IG and FB and it almost seems like there are people that think people will get extremely sick no matter what, and this is why they're so scared of it.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

There is a hospital in Orlando that has something like a 99% success rate in treating patients

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Human's love to live in the extremes, it is how we are conditioned. These same people swing from "He will never get it because this is overblown" to "OMG HE'S GONNA DIE!" all within the space of a single day.

It's how human's roll. We are irrational and worry about shit that is out of our control or in 100 years won't matter one bit.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

the odds of being fine are in his favor, even at his age. it's a gamble, but he has better odds of winning than anything in vegas by a lot.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"I had Life cereal with granola every morning, some, 2 breaths of oxygen and a shot of b12 with OJ. Juice is key Vitamin C is huge. Huge. Like i said in february. And Life. Who doesnt like it. Mikey does. Wheat. Grain. Good stuff. It didnt have a chance. We had a plan. Look. The weak. Im not weak."

fl0at_ likes this.
  17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Oh, you know it.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure they are giving him Vitamin D. that seems to help outcomes.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s quite good. From this spring through the most recent outbreak this summer, Florida averaged about 1 new death for every 3 new hospitalizations.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

alsocould give him plasma from someone with antibodies. might not help but can't hurt.