COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had to get a test yesterday due to having a fever and got a result in 12 hours (negative). Pretty good time, was pleasantly surprised.

2Maggitt2Quit and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

what sucks is that even still, no one will see me in person with a fever. Heal thyself, I guess.

4. fl0at_

Yup. You don't have many options right now. Should be able to do a tele-health, though.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You should have antibodies IP.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good grief. I travel to ONE forbidden jungle temple, eat some nice local and authentic fast food, and the whole world never stops coughing about it.

8. fl0at_

9. fl0at_

Are we sure we develop long lasting immunological memory with this thing? Undetectable levels after 3 months doesn't seem to be unheard of.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've had to take 2 of them, both took 48 hours

11. Ssmiff

3rd wmsn county school closes. Football ge cancellwd again.
    I dont have a good feeling about basketball

12. fl0at_

Uptick plateaued, but then started back up again. If it doesn't drop back down, we'll be back to 1k deaths per day before the month is out.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

if you look at a state level and see recent actions in some the states with a lot of activity, you can bank on it getting there again at some point.

14. fl0at_

Moderna vaccine not available until spring...

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

also spikes in NYC hasidic jews, a blow for the low threshold for herd immunity theorists.

16. Ssmiff

My greek buddy in queens has been pissed a them since the get go. Evidently at peak, funerals and other gatherings were going on as if they were immune.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

said not widely available. i have heard people are having significant covid like side effects the first 48 hours after taking it.

18. fl0at_

Headaches fevers chills and injection site pain. Not significant, but different than most vaccines.

Moderna isn't even looking to get emergency use authorization until 2021.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

correct, they have refused most measures. remember, the mayor made remarks about this that some interpreted as antisemitic.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah widely available is the key there. Spring or summer 21. But at least one vaccine will be available by emergency authorization to vaccinate the at-risk late fall, I’d say.