POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

the congressional contests seem to indicate Biden is in a good spot.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As opposed to your idiot who says we cannot get these results unless we shut down.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Is the spike in COVID cases in almost very state bad news for the Biden Campaign?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

as opposed to his opponent who says it is over?

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If the Country is rallying around him and his position (shut down, wear mask, social distance, etc.) wouldn't cases be going down?

Just a thought.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

without 80% or so compliance, no.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Without 80% compliance cases will continue to rise? We are [uck fay]ed. We cannot get 80% to agree on anything.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

correct.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That's why he says we have to shut down.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I can't see him losing at this point and I am about 80% certain the Senate flips.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

what I can't get past is 2016, which isn't really logical but there it is.

Also, the volume of mail in ballots coupled with slow mail and courts changing rules at this late point is an x factor that could matter.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. fl0at_

And if they don't add two seats to SCOTUS I will turn on them both.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

2016 has made me never ever bet against the Donald. Dude seems bullet proof.

I can dream, but until Biden is sworn in, I won't believe it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

what if they took 2 seats away?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

indeed, the stuff that he gets away with is incredible.

17. fl0at_

It's a life appointment. So removing two would keep from adding more, but it wouldn't remove two sitting.

They'd have to be killed, and I doubt they need to call the police for any reason.

18. fl0at_

I'm pretty sure plan B is during transition, get Biden infected, and he dies before being sworn in.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The polls are not even within margin of error in pretty much every state Trump needs. I think MI, WI, MN are all around 8% to Biden right now and PA is about 5.5% Biden. If Trump wins this year people are really going to start losing faith in accuracy of polls.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Best I can tell Biden isn’t advocating for another shutdown. A commercial just came in explaining what he plans to do and lockdown wasn’t a part of it. And I’m not under an illusion that we can just snap this under control at this point. I know it’s been thrown out there If everyone masked for x amount of time it’d be gone...but I just don’t know if the efficacy is enough to really drive it to zero...not really buying that at this point.

As for where we do go from here, local lockdown measures very well might be needed this winter but there isn’t a lot of stomach for it. Can we test enough to keep it in check when paired with easier measures like masks, no large crowds, etc. that we can keep the numbers in check? I don’t know.

I do know that MIT is testing every person on campus two times a week and they’ve limited spread to only 5 cases on campus this fall. And interestingly, with cass rising, Boston just announced they are going to test everyone in the city. Those sorts of measures have been effective elsewhere.