COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The numbers in Cali are so awful. 600 a day.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

they think 1 in 3 may have or have had COVID in LA County

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it’s everywhere. It went from me not knowing anyone who had Covid to almost not knowing any family who hasn’t had it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

How fast did that occur? from like November to now?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can you make a similar safety case for masks that you can make for football helmets? The old “if they weren’t wearing helmets, they wouldn’t take as many chances with dangerous hits” argument. In other words, do masks lure people into a false sense of safety, leading to closer interactions that wouldn’t have happened if the people were maskless?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

My personal observations would be no. It is that people are going to do what they want, and if the mask comes on and off like a jacket when going out then it becomes less effective overall. Most friends and family do not keep masks on around each other in a private setting. If masks were never a thing, it would not mean people didn't get together at all, either. So no, I don't think the masks have any negative effect behaviorally. Nobody believes these cloth masks are really super protective. They're just better than nothing and have a cumulative benefit if all wear them.

7. fl0at_

Every time I visit Home Deport or Lowes, some lady is talking to a sales associate with her mask down, because, I guess, she thinks she can't be heard? That's not wearing a mask. That's having a mask on your person.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I see that everywhere I go.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Right after thanksgiving to now.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

here in la no one has them down.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've seen videos, but I can't be certain that they were not from before November

13. fl0at_

We seem to be starting our downward trend on cases. There is no reason to go anywhere for the next two months. It's old outside.

Hopefully this and vaccines now means we're headed toward the end.

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

It's pretty bad here in Phoenix too.

droski likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

First they said he was lying when he said a vaccinne would be ready. Now, even though millions have been administered, they say there was no plan. I doubt the 20+ member covid team and advisors didn't have a plan, or people wouldn't have been vaccinated. 3rd, I thought states were making those decisions, but could be wrong.
    At any rate, it appears the days of blaming Trump for everything won't go away. Like he or any President would be able to logistically direct distribution. Not surprised the founder is a known liberal.

17. NorrisAlan

18. NorrisAlan

Why wouldn't he?

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When you set yourself up to be made to be a fool, don't be surprised when you are made to be a fool.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

being President doesn't make one all-knowing. That article was another hitpiece by a liberal media outlet and bullshit if you look at the whole picture.
    And why didn't you address the millions who have received, the millions sitting in states waiting to be used and states' decisions in the process? How was there no plan, if there have been millions distributed to every state.