COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

your 3rd point is the answer to your others. there was no federal distribution plan at all. If it angers you to hear a point you have made repeated, you might reflect on why.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You don't have to be all-knowing to set up a plan to roll out a vaccine. So again, why couldn't he do it?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

the october statements about using the military to distribute- why did they not do that?

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

not angry. Its a liberal hitpiece and bullshit article. Not surprised you linked it

5. Ssmiff

are you oblivious to the fact every state has been distributed vaccinnes and many are sitting on shelves?

6. Ssmiff

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Because there is no plan, no guidelines. Why leave it up to the individual states to all come up with a plan?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. Ssmiff

needs, demographic differences in age and race, population numbers off the top of my head. Started out with front line and essential workers, and those over 75. Now to 65, and nobody under 16 gets one. That sounds like vaccines were distributed and plan to me.

10. Ssmiff

this was never supposed to happen as you and other liberals claimed Trump and crew was lying. Now, dependent on privately held pharma companies to prduce product along fda standards, as well as concerns of some side effects which have halted distribution, vaccines were distributed, and you complain of no plan. Ridiculous and a hitjob by a lefty isn't supporting evidence in the least. Supporting evidence of distribution, is actual distribution of millions of vaccines to millions of people, years before you and pelosi said it would be done. Its always something.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What fantasy is this? Where can I go and get a vaccine that has allegedly already been distributed? I live in a major metropolitan area. Where can I, a 36 year old man, get one? We are behind the estimates from the previous administration itself:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ears-americans-adequately-vaccinated-n1252486

You're wrong. You are objectively wrong. Because you are biased.

Unimane likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, go back in this thread and see what I said about vaccine timing. I didn't say years. You're a damn liar.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It's obvious to me that there was a plan all year. Unfortunately for everyone, it was "be a crackhead".

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The plan was "Someone else can plan it." Which is not a plan. But we knew that he was leaving it up to states, so it isn't actually new information.

I would have made a plan. SSmiff probably would have made a plane. I can't think of anyone who would take a big, massive, important project like this, and punt on it. Well, I can think of one person.

15. Ssmiff

Vaccines were distributed to every state, and you complain there there was no distribution plan. And again, all vaccines have been distributed. Production seems to be an issue. Google the difference

16. fl0at_

Distribution doesn't end at the state. This is punting on the responsibility of getting the shot to the PERSON. And nobody with half an ounce of leadership on a project this important would punt on that responsibility, or defend it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. fl0at_

18. Ssmiff

What are current numbers, 13 million people vaccinated and 32 million doses distributed? Seems to me an operations issue as far as opening up for more jobs and age groups to get a vaccine, and a production issue if we are out. Distribution has occurred, so there was a plan and vaccines were distributed.
    What would your preferred direction have been to the states? Vaccinate anybody over 50? Vaccinate as needed? You telling me local govt and health officials arent capable of making thos calls and need babysat?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

got my mom and my wife's parents a vaccine appointment for friday on tuesday. had to refresh the website about 2,000 times

NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  20. fl0at_

You could say "distribution occurred" if you just took all the doses, and threw them in a pile, and said "go get it!" Nobody would think that was good distribution, but you'd be here, arguing that distribution had occurred, and that it was a plan, since there was a pile.

My preferred method would not have been to dump it in a pile for the states, or to have states have to request the pile. My preferred method would have been a nationally directed hierarchy, with the ability to distribute the shot to those on the next hierarchy, if the current hierarchy was busted. But that has not been the case, and as such, states are throwing doses away.

Local government and health officials are capable, but they do need to be babysat, mostly, because, they are setting arbitrary hierarchies, and when those hierarchies are busted, throwing the vaccine in the trash, rather than moving to the next group.

NorrisAlan likes this.