COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

They do indeed use biosolids, a human waste biproduct, for fertilizer: https://www.epa.gov/biosolids/basic-information-about-biosolids

It is treated, but it does make you wonder if anyone checked to see if that treatment is effective for coronavirus. Putting that on a field and then it getting windy/dusty would not need to be super effective to light the fire. Would only need to infect a few people that way, who in turn carry to the rest of the population.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Anti vaxxers in england Are now wearing yellow stars of david in protest.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

We are a fragile being.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Glad (or sad) to see that we don't own all the Crazy in the world.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pfizer has an anti-COVID pill that "cures" (treats) active COVID infections in trials that they hope to have out this year. SUUUPER game changer.

Savage Orange likes this.
  6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That's great.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Anyone who won’t take that pill deserves what they get...

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Went to my appt last night at 640. System down and 20 people waiting with one nurse working the paperwork and shot so I left.

justingroves likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

20 people.

The horror.

10. Ssmiff

Why have an appt time if it's going to be a 2 hr wait.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Your first time at a doctors office?

And no way it would take two hours to poke 20 people.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Like I said, systems were down and the nurse was passing out signup sheets. Nobody had been called back after about 10 minutes. It was going to take a long time, and no, I dont wait that long at drs offices either. Always get the earliest appt and first one to show up.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

One nurse would have to take only 6 minutes with each patient for it to be 2 hours. Get shot, prep the shot, give the shot and then have to wait 15 minutes after. Between 1.5 and 2 hours doesn’t seem that far of a reach.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Should leave that bat in Wuhan a 1 star review. "Presentation of the outbreak was poor. Craftsmanship of symptoms shoddy and fatality risk not up to the standard of bubonic plague, which came out 700 years ago... Line for fastest vaccine ever produced was 20 people deep. Why rush to a vaccine if there is just going to be a line over a year later? Would not recommend. At least Legionnaire's Disease has air conditioning."

Daddy Gee likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

One way of looking at it is that the line is approximately 600,000 people shorter than it could be. You know, the bright side.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Doctors’ offices may enforce the 15 minute wait, but at the drive thru clinics it’s “go park over there for 15 minutes and wave at us if you start dying” and at the Walmart, Kroger and Publix it’s “go walk around the store for 15 minutes and tell us if you start dying”

I’ve recommended to everyone that asks to either do a pharmacy or a drive thru, with the pharmacies having fewer available appointments, but a much shorter wait time. My wife went this morning for her second and was in and out of Walmart in about 25 minutes including the 15 minute wait

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

took me 3 hours the first time at dodgers stadium. An hour the second time. I was happy to get it though

fl0at_ likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

My wife was there about 15, I went after her so I was at 10 minutes or less when we left. I figured it would take us 5 minutes or so to get back to where we parked and there wasn't much difference between having a reaction in a CVS than down the street from a CVS. But I had no significant reaction that I wouldn't get from a flu shot or from a couple of friendly punches to the arm.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

There was nothing available 3 weeks ago around here at all, and now they have lots of available slots even at short notice. I fear a lot of people are skipping the second shot because they think they can get by with 1 and fear any reaction.

20. Ssmiff

I'll find somewhere. Just didn't make sense to wait so long at that location as it all looked like a cluster[uck fay] and a panicked nurse, when I have heard from many about being in and out at various locations, and also those who put themselves on a do not waste list. May just run up to Walgreens on the corner later today and see what's up.

emainvol, fl0at_ and NorrisAlan like this.