COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And with India being much more densely populated. It’s gonna continue to be awful there for a while

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh ya, that is a runaway train. They're [uck fay]ed.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I thought India would be the worst of it all, and have been amazed that they weren't.

Not sure how they escaped it as long as they have.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could be very useful information for the future to figure how things stayed decent for so long.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Same here.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Weather patterns maybe? It started kicking up last year as monsoon season started, so a lot more humidity and presumably less travel tempering the spread a little bit. The dry season starts end of year, then it just slowly builds from there?

I didn’t look at any charts to compare against wet and dry months so that’s a total shot in the dark.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If that were the case, a breakdown by state would help strengthen the signal, since the wet season progresses across the subcontinent slowly.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I wondered if they just finally got the variant that they were more susceptible to.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it works quite like that. They may have more contagious variants than the original, but there isn't likely to be true big differences in susceptibility among populations since this is novel for all people. We are all way more similar than not.

10. Savage Orange

That makes sense. The population density can’t be helping, and the healthcare system is apparently not up to the task, but considering the scope of what’s happening, no one on the planet would be prepared to deal with what India is going through right now.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. The health care/wealth disparity is literally as wide as possible. Cutting edge/experimental down to nothing and living in a hovel.

12. Savage Orange

And now there’s a severe oxygen shortage there... if this isn’t going to peak for another 3 weeks as is being reported... this is going to be an absolute disaster.

13. fl0at_

India could be potentially worrisome if it is variant, as India's population runs younger.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

With a billion people to run through and it skewing younger, if it is not a variant now it may be soon enough.

15. fl0at_

More infective, less lethal is where it should head, even still.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think the harvest and planting seasons are interesting. If fields D’Et winter fertilize and there is any trace back to fecal matter from humans, look out. It could be nothing but Magilla Gorilla had some great decal transmission threads on Twitter back in the day.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know, that is an interesting call-back to them tracing COVID here in the states based on measurements in sewage.

18. fl0at_

Fecal as means of transmission hits for me, simply because I see it as an easier mode of initial transference between bats to people.

Bats poop on things. People eat things.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is typically how zoonotic infections are picked up from small mammals. Ya, that does track.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The Midwest farm states led the charge in the fall spike last year. What in the hell are they spraying on those fields for winter?