POLITICS Meet Communist Chy-Na

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 8, 2019.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

And almost everything wrong with our country, whether completely or in part can be explained by it.

The hardest class I ever took was in grad school and my professor was probably the smartest man I’ve ever met, would have been rolling in money on Wall Street had he wanted to. In an advanced finance class we essentially didn’t discuss finance for the first 3 weeks. Only behavioral economics and how bad incentives create problems like this one. Changed how I saw the world.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

7. NorrisAlan

I just accidentally came across the concept of "tofu-dreg" and watched some videos on it.

Holy. [uck fay]ing. Shit.

China is going to be [uck fay]ed at some point. I don't know when, but when it happens, it is going to be [uck fay]ing uuuuuuuuuuuuuugly.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

China building shitty things? Can't be true.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

10. NorrisAlan

That's what friendly nations do, Card. Come on.

Another reason I wish we would go away from the super carrier and to a bunch of smaller group carriers for the same cost. Less chance that a lucky missile strike takes out a 294893 billion dollar carrier.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow, so we are the friendliest nation on Earth.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nut house.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Probably, tbh

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

16. fl0at_

justingroves likes this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

China, the people/country isn’t the problem though. It’s the government. If the government goes away or changes, the people/country are still there.

18. fl0at_

How did you arrive at that post talking about the Chinese people? American people are the problem, as much as the Chinese government. So long as American people care more about comfort and property than anything else, they will put up with whatever from the Chinese government. Is that better worded for you?

justingroves likes this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think the average American would love to be less reliant on the the CCP but politically and corporate side is going to be slow to change that for a lot of reasons.

The CCP was smart basically taking over the global control on so much of the supply chain before inserting themselves more on the global side with their ambitions.

20. fl0at_

Yea, they're playing for keeps, and will, likely, keep. Our corporate side isn't changing. The average American loves the idea of being less reliant on China, but, they aren't giving up cheap products, and they damn sure aren't building them themselves, not at the pay it would take to keep those products cheap.