COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

How's your aim with a dart gun?

NorrisAlan and JayVols like this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Probably pretty good. But I'm terribly unlucky, and would probably only hit already vaccinated folk.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Boosted!

Well, if you feel threatened and like your life is in danger from the unvaccinated, I think you can freely shoot them with vaccine. That is my understanding of the law in 2021.

JayVols likes this.
  4. fl0at_

As I said, I'm unlucky--I'd get competent prosecution and rational juries.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Anyone know if there's a test out yet that will tell you how strong of an immune response one has had after vaccination/booster? That would be VERY valuable information for me to have.

I've had an actual COVID antibodies test. It came back negative, but it only tests for the level of antibodies to the actual virus proteins. It tells you nothing about the immune response to the spike proteins that the vaccines target as I understand it.

justingroves likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

OK, this made me laugh.

7. fl0at_

Sadly man, I don't think there is a COVID titer like there are for some other vaccinations.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've had positive covid tests, negative covid tests and positive antibodies tests. I would like to get the antibodies test again

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

COVID ought to walk the other way from you, you're probably slaying the little buggers.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kids are great for the immune system.

11. JayVols

Mine hasn't had a workout for a bit, but being around 1,300 teenagers 180 days/year (before immune issues) gave mine a helluva workout. I had the immune system of the Hulk back then.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  12. JayVols

Appreciate it.

I didn't think there was, but hoped someone knew of one.

Due to shingles, I had to have my chicken pox antibodies tested before I started this treatment 3 years ago, if that tells you anything about my current immune system. I would have gotten an exemption for the Shingrix vaccine if my natural antibodies had been too low. Getting that vaccine is pretty rare for anyone under 50 & even more rare getting insurance to pay for it. I'll be eligible for it (age-wise) in a couple of weeks anyway.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I took a stating, which in turn woke up my dormant chicken pox virus from when I was a kid which turned into shingles. Which was as painful as anything I've had to deal with. Sternum to back for a month. Burning from inside like little demons

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Damn, I am on a roll lately:

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Do you perhaps know so much because you helped make Omicron in a lab? You libs just won’t stop until I can no longer enjoy 22 ounce Miller Lites and half priced boneless wings at the Applebee’s for trivia night

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've never been overly gifted at math or statistics themselves, but it is crystal clear that most people do not conceptualize them properly and overestimate our ability to know or detect things not readily visible on a macro level. We are painfully mortal.

17. fl0at_

We don't test every positive sample for type. A country the does more testing for type will find variants at a faster rate than those that don't.

IP likes this.
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Confirmed in California by the CDC.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

And just in case that scares anyone, it still isn't clear if this is a net worse thing.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Welp, it's here.

Been nice knowing all of you.

JayVols likes this.