POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Cuomo fired by CNN

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Seems to be a pretty shitty family

chef65, NorrisAlan and emainvol like this.
  3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

How you gonna get fired by a company that didn’t fire a dude for flogging the one-eyed snake on a Zoom call?

justingroves likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Parents facing charges

5. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I read the Lions will honor the victims. Haven’t their families suffered enough?

6. chef65

chef65 Contributor

ya think?

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I go to a Florida Sundry store in Florida this morning and order a breakfast biscuit. While waiting there is another customer who sees my UT shirt and ask about my ties. He explains that he is from Nashville. Fox News is on so he starts talking politics (i.e. Fox News is the only source for the truth, Nashville has become liberal because of Taylor Swift and Country Singer influences, etc)

Jeffrey Epstein comes up because of the Trial coverage and he mentions all of his Liberal friends (i.e., Clinton).

He then says, Ya know Anthony Bordain was over in Italy at a fancy Hotel when he see Clinton, a famous Italian Actress, and a few young girls enter a hotel room. Next thing that you know, Bordaine is found dead in his room from a supposed suicide.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk. But when I hear “anti-vaxxer,” I think of someone who is mostly, if not entirely, against the vaccine as a whole.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, 10 years ago in Boulder, CO they called them "anti-vaxxers." What has changed is that more people are anti-vaxxers.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Anti-vaxxer, prior to 2020 was a person who wouldn't vaccinate their kids who went to public schools requiring it. They generally think vaccines cause autism.

So it's a person who is against a requirement, because of a bad belief.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sure thing.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So the definition hasn’t changed recently?

Is it fair to say those people refusing to vaccinate their kids probably weren’t getting any vaccines for themselves either?

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No. Most of them had vaccines as kids. Many still get a fair amount now: tetanus, flu and will get shingles when old enough.

You're an anti-vaxxer, and are using the same argument the ones prior to the pandemic did. Whether you get a vaccine yourself or not is irrelevant.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Would the definition extend to people who self-vaccinated, vaccinated their kids, and are against mandates - because I though the highlighted definition pertained to support for mandates rather than personal choice.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It did before in Boulder and California

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Thats a little odd then. To get vaccines and to get them for your children but to not support mandates for a specific vaccine doesn’t feel exactly anti-vax.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You think it is for a specific vaccine? It is for any new one.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah these lunatics have been pushing back against the HPV vaccine too. COVID isn't anything new, just the latest in a long line of vaccines they did their research on.