21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Maybe we stand a chance with Pinson out but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We got 3 pts and 3 rebounds from jjj. 3 pts from fulk. 0 stat line for Powell.
    I'm getting really frustrated with JJJs lack of intensity, lack of offense and leaving spot up shooters open on lazy reaches on the ball.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We will be unranked next week and in serious danger of a free fall if we don't get our shit together. The schedule the next 3 weeks is no joke.

At this point, I don't know what we are as a team and don't even know who we are going to put on the court from game to game. It's a damn mess. We went through the main part of the 2nd half playing Uros and Mashack.

4. Ssmiff

Why did Powell leave auburn anyway?

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Probably afraid of winning.

6. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Tennessee in any sport doesn’t seem to respond well when they play teams that are physical but not just physical, aggressively physical and a referee squad that lets them play.

7. Unimane

Earlier in the season, I said this team has little dog in them. I saw a couple of times today where LSU did some shit to intimidate us which the team two years ago wouldn't have let fly. Uros has a little attitude in him, but he's not good enough to be that guy on the floor. They all seem like very nice kids, but I want a little asshole to come out somewhere. Two years ago, it was LaMonte, Admiral, and Grant. Now? Eh.

8. Ssmiff

JJJ 1-7 from 3. No 2 pt shots. Didnt go to ft line. 1 assist. Seems like we played better when he was out a few games.

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah, I’m not making any plans for March that involve Tennessee basketball… this team will be lucky to make the tourney, much less get out of the first weekend if they even DO make it.

10. Unimane

Barnes is Barnes, at the end of the day. He's been super consistent in what he does and his floor and ceiling have about a foot between them. This team is right up his alley. I don't want him fired, for sure, but I won't be sad when we pass on to the next era.

Well, unless it's Will Wade. [uck fay] that guy.

justingroves and Ssmiff like this.
  11. Ssmiff

Again if he retires, fine, if you can tell me who will follow. We've been relevant in hoops under Pearl and Barnes the last 40 years. That's it.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

13. KyleAlexanderfan

Jerry Green did about as much here in March as Barnes has done.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, Barnes is what he is and it's not terrible but it ain't great either.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bruce probably [uck fay]ed his mom and his girlfriend

Indy and SetVol13 like this.
  16. Unimane

I mean, somebody else. Maybe he's worse than Barnes, but it's also possible he's better Barnes, who, right now, has the same number of NCAA wins as Green, DeVoe, and Martin. Barnes is alright. He's had two good teams and that's it in 6 years with this year TBD after getting past the first weekend of the NCAAs twice in the last 15 years. His teams fade away in the last month to month and a half and we're 10-4 right now, perfectly on schedule for the usual result.

But, the "who ya' gonna get" stuff just doesn't fly with me. Realistically, though, Barnes is here until he retires. Talk of firing him is fruitless.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Green inherited a much better roster than Barnes did.

18. Ssmiff

It's a fair question uni. TX got rid of Barnes for the same complaints and are a better basketball program. What have they done since.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

Yeah which is why I don’t hold his first 2 years against him. Barnes has been here longer now.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Unless it’s just an obviously horrible hire, we won’t know that until the results come in. Thing is we’ve seen Barnes ball for 6-7 years. I think Tennessee has a higher ceiling than this in basketball. I also know our floor is very low.

A-Smith likes this.