POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am also old enough to remember a guy running for President partly on the idea of creating government savings and paying off the debt, but got beat by a Republican who ended up driving up the deficit and spending the most as a percentage of GDP in at least the previous 30 years, beaten only by the COVID relief under another Republican President. But yes, it is definitely Biden's fiscal policies of spending less and reducing the deficit that are to blame. How are people so gullible and emotional?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It’s always kinda funny when you point fingers at others and say they have an agenda. Tax raise during record inflation and what some call a recession isn’t ideal for those who pay it, no matter who they vote for.
    And there is one emotional person discussing this. Same person who always points fingers

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The problem here is the facts don't support the claims. Spending is down. The deficit is being decreased.

Suddenly, SUDDENLY, decreasing the deficit is bad for inflation.

4. Ssmiff

i was referring to adding the cost of 87k irs agents. My agenda makes me find it unnecessary.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hell, even Josh Hawley voted for it, among those 7 Republicans.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Increasing revenue by enforcing existing law seems like an easy win. The alternative would be allowing people to continue to get away with breaking the law and increasing the deficit.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Biden doesn’t have fiscal policies of spending less and reducing the deficit.

That was forced on him by two democrat senators breaking rank and joining the GOP to block massive spending that Biden wanted to implement.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, inflation may be easing this quarter.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're claiming he would have spent more than the COVID relief bills or the post recession bailouts back in 2008 and 2009? I see no evidence of that.

10. Ssmiff

increasing revenue for the govt while people are paying more out of pocket for everything across the board already doesn’t sit as well with me as it does you.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It’s just a way for Dems and bureaucrats to convey their love to us.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Are you saying Covid relief bills were bad?

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s a nice straw man but that’s not what I said.

I said Biden isn’t fiscally responsible and that was forced on him.

Both parties contributed to how we handled the Great Recession and the pandemic response. Both were cluster [uck fay]s.

the Great Recession response created the longest bull market in history leading to huge inflation in assets.

the pandemic response was worse by throwing trillions of dollars of liquidity in the market at a time of decreased supply and production due to the pandemic causing historic inflation.

ole_orange likes this.
  14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

yes they were a cluster [uck fay].

you can’t artificially increase demand while production and supply is being cut and not get inflation.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nope, I'm saying the hand wringing about spending now is either phony or mindless. A lot of this was fuel prices relating to refinery capacity relating to the demand shock during covid followed by the invasion of Ukraine. That's why it is global and not just the US.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Show me the evidence that Biden wanted to increase spending.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I rate volst53's claim as "false," given the link says the claim Biden cut spending as "misleading" rather than "false." Spending as a % of gdp is down. Fact. Arguing otherwise is counter to the facts.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They were great in theory