Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 30, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That's fine. I don't understand it but whatever.

2. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Beasley looked like dog shit against bad teams last year so he’s earned some small benefit of the doubt from me. He looked serviceable at least.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We will have Mitchell back next week which should help improve our LB play.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're a physical football team but they're amazingly slow.

OneForVol likes this.
  5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wtf?

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I have my concerns and a wishlist but it’s a bit early to throw in the towel. I seem to remember starting off great against NCSt and getting all excited then splat. Utah is good but hardly #7. I’m going to be like every year on UF.

We can win if we don’t have our worst game and they have their best. Home field in Neyland is quite valuable if we are competitive.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We all know the truth. Richardson or not. Zook or Napier. They could roll into Knoxville with a roster composed of 75 midgets and we still ain’t beating them

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Zook was 1-2 against Tennessee

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Wasn’t intended to be a factual post

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Hey man, you stick around long enough and you'll catch a stray

A-Smith and droski like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just saying, not even the mind [uck fay] Florida has over Tennessee can override how shitty Zook is

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

2002 was peak “Florida against Tennessee” stuff though. And I suppose we also missed a game-tying XP in 2004 but we got karmic balance for that one

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2003 saw a hail mary before halftime work for Tennessee, though

14. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I think Pitt and Florida are both must wins for national respect and locker room confidence if we have any chance of climbing to top tier or facing Georgia with credibility. This team has the talent to compete with top ten talent they just need to believe in their staff, their teammates, and the game plans. more than the fear their eyes see on tv, and so does the fan base.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do they have the talent on defense? I don't think so. If they had the talent on defense, we wouldn't be questioning their chances.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I think they do, but we definitely didn't see it Thursday.

17. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

My overall impression was they had improved from last year. The tackling I thought had improved. Forcing punts when they didn’t go on fourth down. We’ll know more next weekend.

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

[uck fay] florida.

OneForVol and Memtownvol like this.
  19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Ya know, I thought that BGSU last year was a bowl team, they went 4-8 WITH a win over Minnesota, but we played way better against Ball St(who actually made a bowl last year), than we did against BGSU. It's not much but if we're 17 points better against a better team maybe we are just better this year. And we didn't empty the benches last year in the first game last year, either.

Volokie likes this.
  20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Until i see a better point per drive against legitimate competition, I'm not sold on the defense.

Our DBs were torched against Ball State a couple times, their QB just didn't have the arm to sail it for the TD. Including our second INT.