Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 30, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is my biggest problem with the staff. We haven't done enough to address our secondary. It's going to cost us.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

don’t we have some stud dbs coming in?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hadden needs to never leave the field

Turnage and Christian Charles needs to replace Burrell

There are some decent guys there but they can't stay healthy

zehr27 likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Willie Martinez being the worst coach on staff doesn't help the DBs either

6. Ssmiff

with Burrell, he doesn’t seem to have much instinct or anticipation, and he can’t change direction as fast as I’d like. We will look better there soon with cbs who have great feet and ball skills. Burrells receiver last week breaks down and hand chops, where you know he’s gonna break off the route, and B doesn’t see it. Then you watch Ga and wr running same route and Ga db is breaking under the throw before the wr makes his cut.
    i also saw us with a safety 30 yards off the ball a couple plays. Dbs and safeties need to stop giving so much room. Make ‘em throw over the top on us. Takes longer to develop and gives time for DE to get to the qb. We need kids breaking on the ball and wr vs waiting to tackle them after.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I cant stand him still being on campus. I get it for a first year SEC coach, but time to move on and get someone who actually knows what he's doing.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Just got a decent rate on a hotel in strawberry plains for Florida game. I’ll take some cash to scalp but may just watch from the tailgate if tickets are still crazy. Wife and youngest son going with and will meet my other son at the tailgate. I can’t wait and may not even go to the game.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Also, checked tickets today and south upper deck has some for $130 since the Florida loss. I guess OO and PP upper deck are visitor sections?

IP likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

How does scalping work now?

11. Ssmiff

good question

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Pretty sure the visitors section doesn't go over that far in the upper deck.