POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If I haven’t ever had a self aware thought after so many years, tell me how the [uck fay] I’m supposed to have a next one.
    Wake up

2. juicemane

juicemane Member

Don’t give yourself a headache there, simple jack

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I won’t, Fredo

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I have, I didn't feel anything.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know 53 isn't antivax, per se. He is generally skeptical of official sources and the integrity of institutions.

6. juicemane

juicemane Member

Nothing wrong with being skeptical of official sources. But when you’re unable to apply that same skepticism to contrarian grifters like jimmy dore then you’re not a skeptic. You’re an easy mark.

JudgmentVol likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess I don't know who that is

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Damn, you might be the only one

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wife hasn't, my older sister hasn't, my mom hasn't, my dad hasn't, my step dad hasn't, my grandpa and grandma hasn't... We all live all over and have varied levels of give-a-shit, but we are all vaccinated at least twice.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

And maybe that is it. Because we are spread out, it is more of a deliberate act for a family visit so there is less casual interaction.

11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Obviously I don’t know anything about all those folks, where they live, how careful they were.

But unless they were hermits the past 2.5 years is it not infinitely more likely that some or even most of that group has had it and never knew it?

I know a shit ton of people that to their knowledge never had it, but that acknowledge based on what they know was going on around them (whether social circle or geographic area) that it’s incredibly likely it just didn’t impact them at all.

The estimates I’ve seen on % of our population that’s been infected would support this.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I/they never knew, we don't know. Right? I could say the same thing about the flu or whatever. I know I have been exposed. I know I have never gotten sick. Call it whatever you want, I have not been sick with COVID-19.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Toy knowledge, no one in my family has had it. And by that we all tested negative multiple times. We have been sick, but never tested remotely positive.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Good chance you all might be genetically prone to not getting it.

my parents are all vaccinated and boosted and have had it twice and my wife is vaccinated but not boosted and had it twice too.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m skeptical of everyone.

Jimmy Dore doesn’t share my views on most things but I like to take in a lot of different view points especially if they’re different than my own.

juicemane likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Me neither, far as I know.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's great, just about everyone I know has had it, very few suffered any serious problems.

Between 3 kids and school and a relatively small group of people I work around, all it took was one person to get to spread it in a hurry, even with masks, bleach and distancing

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They really aren't testing small children anymore, they give the flu and strep test and say hide until the fever breaks

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, my brother with a young child had it (as did the rest of his family). Kids expand one's transmission network a lot. And my other two brothers without kids have had it but they aren't the quarantining kind.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I know a lot of people who haven’t had it yet.

My wife and myself are excluded from that, but we had to spend hours on planes, train and busses in another country to get it.

To say we should all just get it and get it over with, or it’s not really a big deal, because there’s no real risk is incredibly naive and really stupid. First, we don’t have any clue at all what the long term effects are going to be of having Covid. It could be that it’s nothing, and that’s my hope. It could also be that major health issues arise 10, 15, 20 years from now as a result is having Covid. We don’t know. And second, what if the insurance companies start denying claims on those with issues that developed? Or those with issues who chose not be vaccinated? There’s still so much we don’t know.