POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t know why he’s not been charged criminally and frankly don’t care. I do know that he’s been a petty criminal for 50 years, everyone knows it, and whether he’s ever charged or convicted for all of his crimes doesn’t make them any less real.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Same, but then why is this not a criminal suit? If a billionaire is engaging in obscene fraud and criminality I expect to see criminal indictments, and not BS civil virtue signaling suits

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Lawsuits, how do they work…

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Maybe. But that’s just not how law works. You know it, I know it. Saying “everyone knows” he’s a criminal is ironicly a very Trumpian attitude. “Everyone knows” is not good enough

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Explain

ole_orange likes this.
  6. HCKevinSteele

Well that’s very naïve of you. If a billionaire is engaging in obscene fraud and criminality I expect nothing to happen, because this is America and that’s just how it works.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

And?…

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not all Billionaires. Ask Madoff, Enron execs, ect. if super wealthy and powerful people *always* get away with crimes in America. If Trump committed crimes, let’s see some indictments and convictions. “Everyone knows” he committed crimes isn’t a legal argument. Let’s see it. Prove it

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’ve claimed a higher income when applying for loans

10. HCKevinSteele

I’m not making a legal argument. You seemed to be implying this was 100% political witch-hunt.

This may be political, I’m just telling you that the whole adult world who can read and has attempted to make themselves aware of his business dealings knows he’s a criminal.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Billionaire xPOTUS living in a state that is very friendly to him and might not extradite him?

That is pure speculation, of course, and if they have enough to indict him, they should.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Then it’d be the easiest criminal case ever considering everyone who can read “knows he’s a criminal”. I ask again where are the criminal charges?

Also I’ll add I’m not necessarily saying it’s “100% political”, but let’s also not be naïve here: of course it’s at least a tad political

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Almost anybody can drag anybody else to civil court and the judge can dismiss it or let it move forward. I’m sure if Desantis has a valid complaint, it will. If he doesn’t, it won’t. Either way, it’s his right.

14. HCKevinSteele

Are you 5 years old? You think every time there’s sufficient evidence to charge someone with a crime that they are charged?

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

But you have said he’s committed numerous crimes for decades and everyone knows it. You mean despite there being blatant evidence that he’s committed multiple crimes over the decades, you are telling me it’s unreasonable of me to expect him to be indicted on at least *one* of those numerous crimes? Wild perspective to hold

16. HCKevinSteele

It is actually not a wild perspective at all, given the nature of our justice system.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Fortunate she was able to get this done prior to election, being that every dem voter will vote for anyone taking down Trump. And check his whole family off the list…big time.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Suppose I’m just not as nihilistic about our justice system as you are then. If Trump committed crimes, I expect our justice system to actually indict him and secure a criminal conviction. Especially when I’m told it’d be the easiest case ever considering “everyone knows” he’s a criminal

zehr27 likes this.
  19. HCKevinSteele

I would not characterize my thoughts as nihilistic at all. I don’t know where your expectation about our justice system operating that way comes from, unless by expectation you just mean what you believe should happen.

And for what it’s worth I’m not saying it’s the easiest case ever. The fact that the whole world knows doesn’t make it an easy case. We’re not talking about a murder caught on video here, we’re mostly talking about smaller crimes being committed basically constantly over years and years.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst