Early Look at the Playoff Picture (October 16, 2022)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 16, 2022.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Has Burton Played?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yes. Fowler and Herbstreit driving the propaganda train

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If there is a woman fan anywhere on the field of play after a game you are allowed to smack her in the face I guess.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Still don’t think TCU is a serious playoff threat, but maybe I dismissed them a hair too soon. They’ve got a tough road ahead though.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yes. Fowler said that Burton was afraid for his safety because of all the fans of the field, so he acted out.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

From a live look in the booth at Fowler and Herbie talking about Burton.

[​IMG]

7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

And people wonder why Tennessee fans are the way they are. Gotta just play the heel.

8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

9. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Here is what will happen:

Michigan and Ohio St win out and winner of their game goes to playoff

Clemson wins out and makes it

Tennessee wins out and beats a 1 loss bamer in atlanta. Uga only loses to us.

There are no other unbeaten teams that i am aware, so who is 4th in: michigan or uga?

I dont think i am leaving anyone out.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Hope someone does a voiceover edit to "Coach how did you feel the week before playing Tennessee?" and then the response starting at 19secs.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

TCU is still undefeated, although it would be a rather big surprise if they finish the season at 13-0.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The loser of the UT-UGA game still as an excellent chance of making the playoff, so long as the winner of that game beats Bama in the SEC title game.

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Tennessee, UGA, Alabama, winner of Michigan/Buckeyes are the four best teams this year

utvol0427 likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

A two loss Bama should not be in. They would have had their chances.

15. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

Just gonna leave this here…
    [​IMG]

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Those yahoos are incapable of taking their job seriously. I like the sideline guy but that team in the booth operates as if they know their contracts aren't being renewed.

On a related note, Aaron Murray is my favorite color man of all who have covered us this season. He respects the players and comes across as having a sincere interest in the game.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  17. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

I enjoy a little bit of their stupid off-topic banter, but they’re often over the top. I think the A&M-SC game was 14-17 at the time, so it’s not like they were filling garbage time with during a blowout.

Which game did Murray do? I’ve seen him on some other broadcasts and thought he did a pretty good job. I find it odd so many former UGA players are sports commentators. My dad always says it’s either that or delivering pizzas.

InVolNerable likes this.
  18. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

19. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

Andre Ware is the absolute worst.

SetVol13, LawVol16 and justingroves like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I won't mock anyone's job who is making an honest living. There needs to be respect and dignity in being willing to work the jobs no one wants. Someone who works fast-food should not be made to feel ashamed. Work is work.

Not coming at you, I know this is just jokes, just putting it out there for thought.

InVolNerable, A-Smith and utvol0427 like this.