Early Look at the Playoff Picture (October 16, 2022)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 16, 2022.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You aren't wrong but look at the most watched college football games this year

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot wait to see the numbers on the UT-Bama game. They are going to be insane.

3. NorrisAlan

Tennessee gets to Atlanta, loses a heart breaker to Alabama

Both get into the playoffs.

TV v Bama in the championship game.

Boom.

Now, I prefer we beat Bama again in Atlanta and make Saban Heupel's [itch bay]. But that out come would be the bizarro of bizarro outcomes.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, the whole country watched that game.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Ole Miss gets them and Alabama exits the playoff talk.

6. NorrisAlan

I think this bama team has one maybe two more losses in them. They are good, but sloppy. This might actually be the end of Saban's reign. I'll believe it when I see it, but this year just looks different, he looks different. He looks old this year.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He looks tired

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Me too. I think Ole Miss gets them. I am not sure Young can go through the season at the high level he played at Saturday. He's super talented, but his arm is already bothering him and isn't going to get better during the season.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Gonna be tough to make it. But we have in last 2 weeks given Brian Kelly his worse loss as HC and scored more points bs bama than anybody in over a century, so who knows…

A-Smith likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indeed. We have as good a shot as anyone.

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I agree. They could just as easily have been 4-3 as they could have been 7-0. This isn't the Bama of old, they've narrowly gotten by a lot of teams that they should have handily beaten.

I think they drop at least 1 to MSU/Ole Miss/LSU.

I would love it if a terrible Auburn team beat them. Most of my old friends that are Bama fans have been... kinda quiet but if they lose to both Kiffin and Auburn it'll be an absolute shithouse.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. Ssmiff

They won’t lose to Leach. Maybe ole miss but ole miss is run heavy and doesn’t sling it around like Heup

13. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Saban is 9-3 in his last 12 SEC games

Seven of Alabama's last 20 games have been decided by six points or fewer. They had seven such games in their previous 80 games combined.

^ from Reddit

you wonder if the transfer portal is helping parity as well with teams being able to patch holes so they aren’t as exploitable to these loaded rosters

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

offense always catches up eventually. Saban set the gold standard for pass coverage and secondary play but now guys are getting better and using their rules against them

Memtownvol and Volsdude like this.
  15. Ssmiff

Portal and more good, big, fast players to choose from. They can’t outtalent everybody they play anymore.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

IMO, 10-2 with losses in Neyland and Baton Rouge. Still a top ten win, but we won’t have to worry about them (or an undefeated Ole Miss) in Atlanta.

(To be clear, this is a wish, not a prediction).

17. Tar Volon

The Athletic did a piece on the most important game left for the teams in the top 25. Don’t agree with all their choices, but let’s take it as a starting point. Of the seven top ten teams that are playing FBS opponents this week, five of them are playing arguably their most important game of the season this weekend. Could be a big day for some potential carnage around us.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ideally I want a buffer such that losing to Georgia OR in the secc still leaves us in the playoffs. And that sort of scenario is not too far fetched.

Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  19. Tar Volon

Kansas State, Oregon, and Syracuse all have a chance to give us some breathing room this weekend.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

tvolsfan, Poppa T, IP and 2 others like this.