South Carolina

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Nil stuff was only a matter of time. Figured it would be after losing some games though

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Heupel post game would only say "he wasn't available" and hoped he might be next week

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

No chance he was sick or hurt.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I liked the orange helmets, but when you do THAT in them they have to be gone forever. Put them under Neyland with all the dead bodies.

TDVol1989 and Tar Volon like this.
  5. yont sum iss?

It does not seem that things are going to end well in life for Jeremy Banks. If that stuff is true.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

This was worse, and that says a lot.

gcbvol likes this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

8. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

What the [uck fay] is wrong with Hyatt’s hands? I feel like he’s dropped more than he’s caught the last two weeks.

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Just doesn’t make sense that he’d be suspended over a fight in practice, unless it got out of control and he hurt somebody. It’s football. Practice fights happen. I doubt there’s even one team in the country that hasn’t had any this year.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, that would be weak sauce.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

We peaked. The good times were good though. Just recruit talent above all so whatever happens we have pieces

tvolsfan likes this.
  12. yont sum iss?

Fighting your star QB because he’s getting NIL money isn’t just a practice fight. Not saying it happened. It’s probably bullshit. But if it did that’s not just a practice fight.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Anybody who’s worried about how much money the QB is making will be in for a real surprise at the next level.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

There are maybe 2 guys on this defense who will ever have to worry about what their NFL QB makes

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Been laying here in bed trying to think of a box for this one, and I think it has to be the same box as 2017 Ohio State/Iowa—getting 55 dropped on you by a team that lost 17-10 to Northwestern and previously only scored 20+ once in conference play.

And Ohio State did the same damn thing the next year against an admittedly better offense—but what was ultimately still a 6-7 team—in Purdue. OTOH it didn’t stop them from recruiting in the top five and being a perennial playoff contender.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I don't know, by the looks of last night, he's not the only one on defense who has a problem with it.

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Ohio State had 20 years of program momentum.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Last night was awful, but we legit looked like a dead program two years ago. The Bama dynasty is ending and Napier is having trouble rebooting Florida. Georgia will be difficult, but we have plenty to be exited about.

Tar Volon likes this.
  19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I just want a championship again sometime in the foreseeable future. It has been so long and last night really highlighted the barriers Tennessee is still plagued by that are keeping that from happening.

It will be interesting to see how Heupel addresses this.

tvolsfan and Tar Volon like this.
  20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This isn’t a “Saban lost to ULM so all losses are excusable” post. Just trying to grasp for any comparison to what we just saw. I think this is the best one. It’s not the exact same situation (they had won a natty just three years earlier, we had lost to Georgia State three years earlier), and I’m not sure how many lessons to draw from such a small sample, but…well, if it’s happened before, I feel better about the comparison being Urban at OSU than Chizik at Auburn or Coker at Miami.