Both Transfer Portal Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 29, 2022.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Eh I’m not so sure. I don’t think we’ll see this unless a school fires a disaster coach and hires someone everybody knows is worse to replace him. Even then really at any P5 school I feel like you could fill a roster with guys chasing playing time.

2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Yeah, let some power 5 school eat shit and have a horrible coach they fire and bring in the ol' Trumpet Diddler and see what happens. They'd still field a team - of guys that should be bagging groceries on weekends instead of playing college football.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hyatt has an announcement 1 est

4. Ssmiff

And he better just go. Get bigger and prep for nfl. All the accolades, records etc..good way to go out instead of chasing them next year. But. Unsure if his NIL money and if that’s a factor.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I do wonder how his contested drops late in the year hurt him with his feedback.

6. Ssmiff

he had a few uncontested the last 2 years and if you watch some tds, held a couple in with his forearms. Don’t think I’d rank him up there with UT Wrs as all time great hands. Wondering if teams see Devonta smith in him as far as comparable size and speed.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I could see Hyatt continuing to improve and being another Desean Jackson. Just run by everyone and catch bombs.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I thought his post was just a reference to Arion Carter’s announcement at 1 today.

9. Ssmiff

Osu fans complaining that Harrison made more tough catches. Yeah probably. He also can’t run by dbs as fast to create space. Not our fault your coach can’t scheme him up to not be covered so often.

10. Ssmiff

don’t think so but I guess could be. Him being the only player to tweet about it is a little odd though

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tougher catches against softer competition is not saying what they think it saying.

NorrisAlan and Ssmiff like this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

13. Ssmiff

Shocker

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kind of America in general though

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. HCKevinSteele

The current system isn’t sustainable at all I don’t see how it can last more than a few years.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't get the jealousy, its not like they weren't getting paid before, maybe its just the magnitude. Completely understand not making payments or keeping promises driving players off

17. Ssmiff

One more thing a coach has to try to manage. Wait till well paid players don’t perform.

18. HCKevinSteele

They weren’t getting paid like this before. Isn’t Nico getting like 8m?

Even still, where the money may be the same as before, it’s still very different. It was more likely to be cash to the parents or pay the parents rent than it was to be straight cash to the player.

Not to mention before the consequences were so serious it’s not like you could complain to loud.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If it was the cause of a locker room issue prior to the SC game than it cost us a chance at the playoffs.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No shit