POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've been saying it since the Biden revelation. It's a culture thing. Folks at that level and their hired sycophants and handlers have no respect for the system.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why respect something you are above

warhammer likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a couple of friends that flip houses. It's a dangerous game and people mistake luck and timing for skill quite often. I know a dude who owns and rents several houses. He's fine. He can do this stuff all day because he isn't playing the flipping game and he isn't raising rent every year to find out how much the tenant will pay. He's had one tenant in a house for 15 years and not ever raised the rent because it more than pays for the mortgage and maintenance.

The folks who have gotten greedy and get caught without a chair when the music stops I don't feel much for.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] them, to put it politely. [uck fay] them.

And just raising prices to see how much someone will pay is evil, and chasing money by robbing someone else. I hate greed and trying to get as much as you can because you want it. I cannot express that enough.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

One of the silver-linings of COVID was that a lot of really terrible people who were over-leveraged on AirBnBs and what not got absolutely destroyed, and then they made TikToks about it. That held me over through an entire summer wave

justingroves likes this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

When you co-opt a good idea because it's more important to be a douche.

7. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stupid name, good bill

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not a US story but still representative of a larger conversation involving circumstances like this. Guy rapes two women. After he is arrested he starts his transition into becoming a women. Now he is currently at a women’s prison. Perhaps biological males who rape other biological women should not under any circumstances ever be sent to an actual woman’s prison?

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news...-two-women-remanded-in-female-prison-scotland

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

If a biological male rapes a biological male and is sent to men's prison where some men may be the victims of secual assault at the hands of men, is this even raised?

If a biological woman sexually assaults a woman, where should she be sent?

Inherent with the complaint is a value judgement concerning transness as well as additional consideration for women that men do not seem to get.

I assume the reason not to put the person with the men is that they would be subjected to violence. Is that more acceptable than the risk for women prisoners to be housed with this person? Seems like that is a wash if it is looked at fairly without bias.

Perhaps there needs to be a third category and they can be put in there.

But I think everyone is in prison with people that did bad things and are dangerous, and that aspect is not unique or exceptional. A 130 lb dude doesn't get excused from men's gen pop if he has been raped by a man. Not sure how this is different.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The UK govt is currently debating building a 3rd, separate trans category of prison facilities moving forward for issues like this. And yes, sexual assault and violence is and always has been issues in male prisons and obviously ain’t good. I do however think it’s a whole different story when dealing with a biological male rapist being pent up with biological females.

Sure we don’t remove a male who has either raped or been raped by another male from a male prison. But we also have never tried out housing a biological male rapist with other biological females before. That’s a new one

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You're putting a man, who has raped women, in a women's prison. That's how it's different

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Again, there is no such consideration for a 130 lb male. If the only distinguishment is sex then it is a sexually discriminatory policy unfair to men.

I question whether there should be sexually segregated prisons at all. Obviously there are practical considerations, but they come down to a lack of control or humane conditions in general. The whole system is archaic and [uck fay]ed.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

A genderless prison system sounds like an even more chaotic shit show than we already have. In that situation everyone would still be divided up by sex for most activities even if everyone was physically housed under the same roof imo.

Let’s get real archaic and just bring back permanent banishments to remote locations as a punishment. Wanna be a criminal? Ok, off to Australia or the state of Georgia you go.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Banishment may be more ethical than incarceration.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Some circumstances, sure.Location is everything. Gimme banishment to Australia or a tropical island over incarceration any day of the week. But gimme incarceration over banishment to somewhere freezing like Siberia.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Speaking of things like body cam footage being released, this Paul Pelosi incident they released a few hours ago is batshit nuts.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Why didn’t alarms go off as the guy was bashing in the glass door?
    Such an awkward scene to open the door to police, with a drink in hand, holding onto part of a hammer with the other guy holding the other part with a goofy look in his face.
    very violent attack. Can’t believe that force with a hammer didn’t kill him.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Was my thought too when I saw the other yard security camera catch him whacking away to gain entry into the Pelosi home. You'd think if you were at the home of the sitting US Speaker of the House one swing of the hammer onto a window of the Speaker's home would result in a Fort Knox fire drill. Or if you were a sitting US House Speaker worth over 100 million you'd at least buy glass far more indestructible than a hammer being able to break through.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most security is an illusion. The quickest and least fool proof thing is an armed guard with a panic button. We largely operate on an honor system. Which means most of us are decent people.