POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

At least we all agree he is a piece of shit

warhammer and zehr27 like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Progress.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At this point I expect Jimmy Carter has some floating around the house as well. For all I know the Kennedy family has a few from the early 60s as well.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

zehr27 and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Total incompetence, greed or hubris by the individual and/or their staff.

All I know, is when I retired from Private sector, I had to wipe my company-issued laptop clean with a company-provided tool before physically returning my wiped lap-top and verify that I had returned/destroyed all hardcopy confidential or company data.

I would lose my pension (or be in jail or both) if I did half the shit any of these guys did.

zehr27 and IP like this.
  7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They’re top men though. We don’t play the same game

warhammer likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We don't have nobility or royalty. We only have the social contract and I think it is pretty clear that a super majority of Americans finds this to be a violation of it.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Rare moment of bringing both sides together.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m sure they do but that doesn’t change the fact of the one’s pulling the strings don’t give a shit.

they’ll probably use to cleanly remove Biden as an option in ‘24 and to put in the option they truly want.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Don't we though? Too many jrs, wives, daughters, sons seem to have an in road to office. Sure they have to be elected, but at a glance it would seem some have some pretty powerful privilege. It may not be royalty, but we've created our own facsimile of it in some ways.

IP likes this.
  12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Hard to square that idea with all that we see going on every day.

IP likes this.
  13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

And all this talk about, "Well, maybe this stuff is over-classified and not really Confidential/Secret. No big deal."? That is lazy, deflecting bullshit. If true, do your [uck fay]ing job.

On an annual basis we had instruction on avoiding over/under classification and proper marking. And had to review any document/email that we created and may have marked confidential or above to ensure proper classification.

My view.

Trump took stuff because hubris/greed and he told his people to take it all (because it was his).

Biden probably told his staff to pack some stuff so he could make shadow boxes to give to grandkids. (And he forgot he had it).

Pence probably told his staff to pack stuff so he could make a valentine for Mother. And when Biden found shit in his garage, Pence is like, "Oh, snap!"

Neither Biden or Pence had competent staff re: taking Confidential stuff. Trump's staff were just afraid of him and took it all.

IP, VolDad and Unimane like this.
  14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Because we let them and do [uck fay] all to change it.

15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

My myopic view, is if you do something wrong, you should be held accountable. I don't give a flying shit who you are, what your financial station, public office or corporate level.

When caught, we fired top level, wealthy execs for doing shit they shouldn't and they lost their pensions; we fired line managers for cheating on their expense accounts; we fired line workers for [uck fay]ing on company time. They were all held accountable.

zehr27 likes this.
  16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

At this point need to investigate every living president, cabinet member, senior administrative official, department/agency head, and military leader's home and offices. Then figure out what's so hard about not taking documents with the big red classification markings home with you.

zehr27, IP, Poppa T and 1 other person like this.
  17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I will bet you a dollar to a donut, there are legal/hr depts in most government agencies drafting "reminder memos" to send out to dept heads about proper classification/handling and it is their responsibility to ensure their "people" are aware.

Edit add: It is CYA time.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is not a good way to look at this. It all has to stop no matter how you view the person or what you "think" they were doing.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Our enemies will probably start doing it for us soon.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I agree. Sometimes an old man's mind goes rogue.

See "My myopic view" post. Everybody should be held accountable. Period.

zehr27 likes this.