The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Man, the refs in this game are awful. They are giving UConn everything this quarter.

2. Unimane

These [itch bay]es never miss.

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

They seem a tad more athletic.

4. Unimane

In an athletic department full of great coaches, ironically, the worst one coaches our most storied program.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They look stuck in an 80s game with mid major looking players wearing extremely heavy shoes.
    Whatever happened to getting in a defensive stance and getting athletic on somebody. They just stand straightlegged and watch it happen.
    Do they practice against men anymore?

IP likes this.
  6. Unimane

Perhaps I just get spoiled with the defensive effort of the men, but, every time I watch the women it's like "What the [uck fay]?! How many half assed plays need to happen before a timeout or an ass chewing?".

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The only one left that Fulmer hired. He followed Dave Hart and John Currie and somehow managed to lower the AD bar even further. At least Hart gave us Barnes and Currie gave us Vitello. Fulmer gave us nothing but dog shit.

InVolNerable likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He gave the LV die-hards exactly who they wanted. Hard for me to trash him over that one.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Fulmer was basically our chemotherapy. It sucked, made us feel terrible, but now we’re well

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

But wtf did they ever know?

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nothing. But they got what they deserved.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I was thinking the other day, when was the last time our whole (well, 99%) fanbase was behind a coach this much? 1977?

EDIT: Forgot this was a basketball thread.

13. Unimane

That group also had a significant number of members who were Lady Vol fans only and would condescend to the rest of the sports while not supporting UT as a whole. So, I felt they got their comeuppance. The same thing happened with the football-only UT fans.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This white guy on WVU is Ryan Cline-ing Auburn. Swished a shot clock beating 3 through a double team. Has 18 points at the half

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Auburn about to lose because random white dude went off for 30 points and 7 threes.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Auburn dropping to WVU greatly diminishes the SEC's overall chances of winning this Challenge. Not that I give a damn about "Eess-Eee-See" conference pride. [uck fay] Auburn. If the SEC goes 1-11 with only Tennessee winning today, it'd go down as a lovely day in my book.

justingroves likes this.
  17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

He’s pretty good. He was at USCjr last year. Think he transferred in for 1 year.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

They weren't playing good perimeter defense.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Bama about to screw around again and come back in the last few mins of this game. But maybe not. Dream scenario would be Auburn/Bama/Arkansas/UK lose and the rest of the SEC wins.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's almost like home court matters.