22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yeah it’s March and if a team is in the sweet 16 they are playing well and/or over their heads at the right time. Like Olivier today.
    Barnes really didn’t do anything different. We just had 2 dudes go off for 40. Makes coaching look better when the ball goes in

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s not a criticism after that but I just wish we could’ve made the score look like the beat down it actually was

3. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I thought we would lose by double digits. But seeing how active we were defdnsively in just the first 2 minutes made me change my tune. We play half as strong as that the next 2 games then hello final 4

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Go ahead and get yourselves mentally ready that we’re gonna have to beat Kentucky to make the Final Four.

5. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Exactly my thought.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I would be careful of a Florida Atlantic team which has some very nice guards.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I will say it looked like Barnes was going after the refs more than he usually does.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Duke’s lowest scoring output in 3 years.

Duke’s lowest scoring first half in the tournament EVER.

Defense travels

dknash, Tar Volon and Indy like this.
  9. Ssmiff

They can play

10. CardinalVol

Not overlooking. Merely going to take a week to get myself ready for it. FAU has athletes. I ain’t writing off FDU either.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s a mental thing though. You see Duke (on a 10 game win streak) and a 5 next to their name, and it feels like a tough game. No one is worried about a 9 seed FAU team. Easy to relax a little mentally.

12. Ssmiff

Didn’t expect this at all fellas. I hadn’t seen Duke play but they were hot and evidently have some lottery pick who I didn’t even know was on the floor. Guys really stepped up and weren’t scared like Purdue was yesterday. Hope it builds confidence for everybody.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not sure my ticker is up to the challenge.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Theyll watch some tape and fix that quickly.

15. CardinalVol

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

MSG will be a road environment for us. Everyone not wearing orange will be rooting for whichever F_U we get. Today was the opposite because everyone who isn’t a Duke fan hates Duke. Gotta block it out and play our game.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We aren’t, but the expectations are back on us against FAU. They’re good, but we should beat them. Harder to just pin our ears back and go.

19. Ssmiff

So glad our coach doesn’t act like Musselman. I’d be over him pretty quick with his exasperations and body language like he just showed.

TennTradition likes this.
  20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We had better damn not get that in our head and blow it against FAU.