POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This should be our national motto.

NorrisAlan and SetVol13 like this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah we a far from perfect but is there somewhere else you would rather be? If so go and send post cards so we can keep up.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I read where McCarthy said that the bill would not be lengthy, it will only be around 150 pages. Only in 21st century America can a 150 page bill be considered “not lengthy.”

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any gov doc almost has to be 50 pages just for the boiler plate stuff. Otherwise, what could originalists have to work with when changing the meaning of laws, decades later?

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Look at this authoritarian [penis] resembler, a serious candidate for president, supposedly. How do you destroy an ideology, the way people think without some very autocratic, fascist-like actions? I've maintained he's not going to be the guy, but he's also a little too close to the fire for comfort with Woke Tourette's oozing from his every pore.

Oh, and [uck fay] you, Florida.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's giving "JOHN I HOPE YOU DO KNOW I WOULD LIKE TO BE YOUR HEAD FOOTBALL COACH I DO KNOW THE ENVIRONMENT WE LIVE IN AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE AT TENNESSEE!" vibes.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Always has been.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I get 2016 but for the life of me can’t understand how people still worship this guy 8 years later

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Combo of they hate the other side, their rent is more, their bills are higher, food is higher l, their loans are at a higher % among others, and they sit and watch Fox News or similar all day and night.
    Not the smartest group in the world, nor the fittest.
    Ashame we have to deal with shit candidates, but that’s what our corrupt system provides.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m not sure people worshiping that guy has much to do with any of those things

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think some people want to see the whole apple cart overturned, but I am not sure why anyone would think he is the guy to do it now, either. Or why they think overturning the apple cart will be good for them or their family, but that is kind of another topic.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

That’s what gets me, people see him as something he’s never, ever been, and no amount of him being what he is will ever change this

SetVol13 likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Such a divide has been built, people on either end will vote for anybody with a pulse. There are a lot more republicans who will vote for him so the dems don’t win than the small % who worship him. That’s the real issue and been that way. Vote so the enemy doesn’t win.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Pretty simple it isn’t about Trump. Trump is just a huge [uck fay] you to the establishment that has hollowed out and sold out the mass majority of the country.

He’s just the dam that caught how a huge chunk of the country feels about the establishment and the current system and not the river.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Because Donald Trump-love him or hate him-is arguably the greatest pure salesman there ever has been and politics is largely based on how one makes voters feel. His historically miraculous 2016 run and his Presidency in general represents the last time tens of millions of Americans didn't feel totally hopeless and ignored by the UniParty political and legacy MSM ecosystem. It's not even entirely about him in the minds of many of his 75 million+ voters. It is the movement and idea he represents.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yup. He just represents an agent of change. Most people who vote for him know he is a deeply flawed person. His character shortcomings however is irrelevant when compared to the contempt they have for how status quo DC UniParty establishment has [uck fay]ed them over for years all while legacy corporate MSM has been telling Americans to smile and be happy about it.

Millions of voters switching from Obama to Trump isn't a coincidence or conspiracy. "Hope and change", "Yes we can", and "Make America Great Again" resonates in a much more powerful way as opposed to political messaging like "I'm with her!" BS used by folks that personify the political establishment class and their corporate media interest allies average Americans have grown to utterly detest.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The simple reality too is that for millions life was simply better under Trump pre-Covid. Gas was cheap and our money was worth more.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The simple reality is that we were told how horrible things were under Biden when he hadn't even gotten into office. The simple reality is that a lot of people are not rational and put praise and blame on things and people that have nothing to do with anything. Example: in Spain, meteorologists are getting death threats over the drought, with people claiming they are part of a conspiracy causing it, that they are reveling in it, and (paradoxically) that they are exaggerating it to push climate change agendas.

Plenty of that kind of stuff right here in the USA, too.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

People needing someone/something to place blame on their problems is as human as it gets. Trump being the only President since Carter who didn't start any wars and the economic situation simply being better for many pre-Covid are just a few of many reasons as to why his message and Presidency played well with his 75 million+ voter base. People were willing to overlook his [uck fay]ed up-ness bc stuff like waking up to Trump mean tweeting about OPEC as gas prices continued to fall while bullying other NATO members to actually pay their 2% GDP bill to NATO was music to his base's ears. Trump in their eyes finally being someone who had the means and balls to c0mbat the seemingly never ending DC status quo that ignores average Americans is what it is.