Tennessee/Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 10, 2023.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Try being my age. The next years are running out

CitrusCo.Vol, VolDad and warhammer like this.
  2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea…no “offense” but like 5-25 vs those [uck fay]s n my lifetime blows ass. Allow me to wallow in my sorrow

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I was over Banks before he got here.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This right here.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Still can't believe people were so confident about this game.

6. TDVol1989

We weren’t. Just trying to will it

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I thought we'd win, but I never thought we'd dominate. That was more on UF looking like a steaming pile of dog crap against Utah.

8. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I was just referring to the fact that you are only 30, but allow me as a 47 year old fan to clue you in to the fact that we always lose to the Gators. Always.

9. TDVol1989

I’m not a power contributor here but I’m checking out for the season. This game means too much to me. Im down on all of it. I don’t think Heupel gets it with UF. No I don’t want to fire him. Just some of the same weaknesses linger. It’s twice he has bet on Milton and he’s 0 for 2. Learn and get better. But we need to stop hiring and recruiting guys that lose to UF.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

From a near 30 year old to a 47 year old: trust me. I get it. We *typically* ALWAYS lose to the god damn Florida Gators. [uck fay]!

OneForVol likes this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, Etienne and Mertz both had the best game of their careers. I'm so tired of guys having career games against us. Seems like it happens in basketball, too.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Honestly bullshit we are getting heat for brawl at the end. Napier decided to be a POS and call a timeout instead of kneel. Then their dumbass QB wanted to trot around instead of taking a knee. Omari barely touched the guy but get the [uck fay] on the ground.

dknash and A-Smith like this.
  13. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I hate hate hate what this rivalry has become.

I feel like we are never going to have a good streak going against Florida in my lifetime.

It simply feels unattainable. And it is ridiculous to feel that way about a program that has been the caliber of Florida the past 10-12 years.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

As a power contributor here let me just say that there is something about Heupel that gives me hope. Let him fix this.

IP likes this.
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Also one of the UF coaches was putting hands on our player during that fight, and he wasn’t simple trying to break up a fight. Was trying to throw him on the ground.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah I know he’s had a couple years to fix the Banks issue but he hates losing. I’m not sure Ive ever seen a coach who hates to lose as much as him

IP and VolDad like this.
  17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I still haven’t decided whether Banks is bad or just not a game-changer. I wouldn’t be mad about an upgrade, but there are sure downgrades out there.

I don’t know why Martinez has a job at all.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Heupel said Nico was not available.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Banks philosophy is to sit back and watch the play in front of you and hope there is a bad throw then go make the tackle. Martinez obviously an issue as well and should be fired for simply playing Hadden. But look at our confused lbs the whole first half as he shows his hand and let’s teams dink us to death. Or how our DL let’s a guy roll right for the 10th time.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well Milton played alright when given time. Better than I expected. UF came up big on 3rd down time and again in the first half and we had no answer. The offense isn’t clicking and the defense had a bad 1st half. Does Nico unlock the play calling or do we have a play calling issue?