Tennessee/Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 10, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

What kills me is if either side of the ball played the first half with the intensity they played the second, it is likely a different result. It feels like this team expects results in the worst way. Like it will just passively happen and the other team are just npcs.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

RE: Offense and playing with purpose

What you're seeing (or not seeing in this case) is an offense that's desperate to have a leader at the QB position. Most every QB you see gives off that quality even if they aren't a natural leader themselves. That's the most overlooked thing that Hooker brought to the table.

Defensively, this what you should come to expect from Tim Banks. They don't typically play with intensity because he's got them doing different shit each week depending on the opponent and nobody is allowed to become confident in their role and ability to line up and play.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t get that guy. The games they look semi competent, they get after the damn quarterback. And against that tomato can last night, he has exactly the wrong plan. I don’t understand at all why letting that guy get comfortable dinking and dunking didn’t get shot down like last Sunday morning or whenever they talk about that shit the first time

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  4. VanJake

VanJake Joe Milton Fan Club President

ee-ah-MAH-LAY-ah-va

HotlantaVol likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I tried to warn y'all.

utvol0427 likes this.
  6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Defense sucks. They sucked last year. The difference is that we are not scoring 40, 50, 60 points per game.

What did Florida do after our first drive to shut us down the rest of the game??

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We dominated the third quarter yet only scored 3 points. Florida didn't have much to do with that, it was execution as we reached the redzone.

Also we have to be able to quickly attack the middle of the field. You can't just not do that.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

first, kept the ball for the next 16 of 17 game minutes.

10. Ssmiff

I really do believe a couple 3 and outs for our D woulda lead to more rhythm on offense. Instead we sit, lose momentum and rhythm, then get back out after deflated D walks off and feel pressed to make something happen instead of just playing ball.

Memtownvol and SetVol13 like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

12. Ssmiff

“ I only got one left and have to save it for the bench clearing brawl with the game already out of reach.”

lumberjack4 and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am not a fan of how we are really slowing it down once we get in the redzone. We did not do that all the time last year.

14. Ssmiff

we are doing that imo because rb got us down there, is gassed, and we are feeding him again. And everytime it goes for no gain.
    Donte is 6’5. Throw it up and let the rb get a breath

zehr27 likes this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

...and soft based on what I've seen. I think this is a good idea on paper. Heck, do it anyway. It would be better than what we saw Saturday.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Charmin NIL levels of soft.

warhammer likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

agree. He seems to need OG evel kineval toy rev up to get to full speed. He’s slow off the line.
    Btw that toy was and will always be the GOAT

Daddy Gee and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You know you could make the case for you being the Evel Knievel of rec sports, the keep coming back no matter what part at least.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Or let Bru go get it. That guy will go up against anyone and try to bring the ball in.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is also why I never bought the "I'm not worried about WR recruiting because the system makes the receivers better" and so forth. You still need dudes.

InVolNerable and Volgrad98 like this.