Carolina Jr Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Depends. We have lacked the killer instinct that red headed family has

utvol0427 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

All I know that if this team isn't looking to return the favor from last year's game then we definitely have a leadership problem. I'm talking about being able to hear pads popping from practice up on Cumberland Ave.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not too high, not too low. Come with bad intentions but don't make it more than the next game.

4. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

It sucks, especially after last year, but it’s the reality of where we are. Right now, we’ve got 20 guys combined remaining from the ‘19, ‘20, and ‘21 classes. That includes 16 guys I would call contributors and that’s defining contributor very losely. 75% of the scholarship roster have been on campus for less than 2 years. Even with the portal, transfers are a mixed bag. For every McCoy, there’s a Karic. At this point, it is what it is.

As an aside, Pruitt catches a lot of flack for the innumerable stupid things he did in 3 seasons, but this roster dive highlighted one I had forgotten - recruiting a long snapper as a scholarship player. Compounding the problem, he wasn’t a good long snapper, losing his job after a single game, then losing his scholarship and getting moved to LB with new staff. A scholarship long snapper who can’t snap really epitomizes the Dooley/Butch/Pruitt run.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think those are badass, I can’t tell a lie

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just win. That's all I've got. They'll be the best thing ever if they win.

DC Vol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some of the best alternates in the country, imo

TDVol1989 and HongKongPhooey like this.
  10. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

They’ll come out jacked up now

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That long snapper was offered by Butch and Pruitt wouldn't pull the offer unless he signed a different one

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Need the Drake meme with smoky gray and then black

13. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

Best I can tell, this has sadly happened twice, once each with Butch and Pruitt. I think you’re remembering Riley Lovingood who signed around ‘15. The kid I’m referencing is Will Albrect who signed in ‘19.

Edit: Will Albright, not Will Albrect

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    IP likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well shit

IP likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've got a good feeling and I am not sure why. Maybe it is that I don't think USC can block our d line.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Joke’s on you when Banks has em covering the flat

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He already does that A LOT. He is the king of sending a backer and dropping a DE into coverage. The next time it works will be the first time.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah this has happened too often dropping 30 and 27 into coverage and a telegraphed blitz the offense has already seen and checked. We have to be 0-20 on the year.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Shit. Imagine having Byron Young and your immediate thought is how you and outsmart everyone by dropping him into coverage.

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

SoCar - 34
    Vols - 20

Channeling Tenny

IP likes this.