Carolina Jr Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 24, 2023.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm shocked they didn't give Nico the last drive of the half to take a look at his knee. Seemed pretty obvious that he had hurt it.

A-Smith and HCKevinSteele like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

He was moving around on it well

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He also dropped the football and grabbed his knee before he was down and acted visibly injured while he was on the ground. Just surprised that they didn't give Nico the last drive of the half in a 31 point game to make 100% sure the starting QB was okay.

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He didn’t run at all afterwards, maybe it was also a game in hand kind of thing

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

He did on the sidelines.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I meant as in tote the rock

A-Smith and TDVol1989 like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I was just sayin'. If he had an MRI and it was positive for some kind of tear I would think he wouldn't play Saturday. Now, if it is a partial tear and he thinks he can improve his draft stock, I guess he may go.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nico was out on the field and Joe put himself in

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

.... did the coaches want him out there? Whole thing was wild looking on the TV.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Surely medical staff checked him out at halftime. Hoping he mri thing is bad info or just to cover their asses if it did happen.
    Btw you don’t normally just walk in and have mri access on a sunday. Usually has to be scheduled out but I guess UT could have special access and emergency tech on call

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It looked like Heupel had Nico out there and then Joe jumped in

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Logically, we should dominate this game. But I don't trust a single part of this team outside of the running backs at the moment. When you are on game 5 and everything looks off, then something is wrong.

gcbvol likes this.
  13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

First 2 yrs of mediocre recruiting coming home to roost with little Junior talent/leadership? Should have been hitting the portal harder. Next year we'll have a void of Senior talent and leadership. Should be able to attract some transfers.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

We hit the portal, but the portal lb is injured and the portal wr is not panning out. A portal qb is starting.

It isn't that we didn't hit it, building off the portal just is not a guaranteed thing. We are feeling the shockwave of being terrible in 2020.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Players are in the portal for a reason… that doesn’t mean you can’t get some ballers, but it’s just not a guarantee at all

16. Ssmiff

Portal helping more mid programs. Guys go to sec and are behind NFL players then decide to just go get on the field and play somewhere.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My prediction for this one is that we are either going to be much happier or much sadder in just a few days

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or not conscious. Those are the 3 options.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Subconsciously concious is my plan.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have zero faith in a win for the good guys.

TDVol1989 likes this.