Kentucky Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 28, 2023.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hahaha. Perfect

gcbvol and justingroves like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Some UGA fans are nervous. If we could get there 8-2 then Neyland will be rocking. Win could get us a CFP bowl again.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If this was the mafia, we clipped a made guy

4. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

I'm a Heupel guy, but that is concerning.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Kids, we’re going to go at worst 8-4 in a bridge year. 8-4 was hopes & dreams for 15 years.

justingroves and IP like this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Eric is that you?

7. CardinalVol

We can theoretically still win the east. Not a good chance but a chance.

Mizzou beats UGA Saturday, Florida loses to LSU or Mizzou, and we win out and the east is ours.

Likely? No.

Impossible? Also no.

justingroves, 10SEvols and IP like this.
  8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Playing fast means there will be more plays and thus more penalties. Comes with the territory.

OneForVol likes this.
  9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Hopes, dreams, or cussing a coach for pissing away so much talent.

10. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

UGA also plays Ole Miss. Two possible minefields.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You get a great afternoon from Milton and you can take on anyone.

10SEvols likes this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I wonder if putting Thornton on the outside had a material effect on his play or he's just becoming more comfortable or whatever clicked. Either way, him living up to some of his billing would be a very welcome addition to this offense.

Memtownvol, Tar Volon and warhammer like this.
  13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The real winner last night was VanJake

His about face on Joe Milton has been something to behold, and he was justly rewarded

VolDad and IP like this.
  14. CardinalVol

Actually thought about it and Florida won’t factor into it if there’s a 3 way tie. We’ll have better division record.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Joe played well last night. Ashame some just show up in game thread to dog every move but won’t come back after Ws and give him any credit.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I was about to say, I thought Florida was already out of it

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think it’s obvious at this point that he limits what we’re willing to try (with the last play of the first half being pretty stark evidence), but he executed what was called very well, and he even made a couple plays on the run, which I rarely see him do. He legit extended a couple drives drifting out of the pocket and hitting either a safety valve or a late-breaking WR.

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yeah he limits it. So does our OT issues and Wrs compared to last year. It was good to see him look good and smoothe and decisive when buying time and eyes downfield. Been waiting to see that. He had 2 elite throws out of the pocket with Wrs able to get open on scramble plays. We need more scramble plays.
    End of the half, I understand it. We were in a 3rd down situation with lead and getting the ball in 3rd. Heup did not want to not get it and punt back with Ky plenty of time and momentum. He likely plays that different with last years weapons.

19. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

We’ve got family in town and staying at the lake, so I wasn’t able to see everything. But I’ve never seen him actually hit a hole like he did on that 3rd and 7 to ice the game. Maybe Kentucky is just slow or something but he really took off for once and it was great to see. Thought he was dead to rights based off what we've seen in the past.

Edit: talking about Joe

Tar Volon likes this.
  20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is a coach that is beyond pissed about missed holding calls.

gcbvol and Memtownvol like this.