NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’d still be suprised if Vrabel is gone, and I don’t think it’s necessarily time to fire him yet. But maybe he is the Pats coach this time next year, idk. If he is let go he will get rehired in 5 min elsewhere.

Last year on Ryan’s outrageous contract anyways, he was always gonna be gone barring he take like a 75% pay cut. Might be the end of the line for The King toting the rock in Nashville too, which saddens me (yes I get he’s a Bammer but holy hell has he been a damn treat to watch these last 6/7 years as a Titans fan). We need a new oline and secondary and we need it by yesterday. Godspeed to Ran Carthon figuring that out.

Moral of the story: bad things will happen to your organization if you decide basically giving away a top 3/5 NFL WR still ascending towards his prime for [uck fay]ing free because he dare acted a *tad* diva-ish during his long term contract negotiation window. Our window closed the second we FedEx’ed him to Philly on draft night

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

This Dallas/MIA game is fun

A-Smith likes this.
  3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

lol, suck shit Dallas

Enjoy the playoffs @NorrisAlan

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If someone is dumb enough to hire him, which someone is because it’s the NFL, let ‘em. He’ll be bad there too

It’s no coincidence that the exact second the division improved he suddenly started losing.

I’m an outside observer here. I don’t give a single [uck fay] what they do. But if they want to win they need to jettison that whole shit staff and start over. It’s far past time to rip off the bandaid.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That said, the worst thing the Titans have done in the last decade is hiring Jon Robinson, and the best thing they have done is firing him

justingroves likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I do not like the cowboys. Way too many plastic fans and the real ones are worse. Eat shit

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

The division isn't any better now than in 2018-2020 and the 12-5 season in 2021 included more wins over playoff teams (including the Niners and SB champion Rams without Henry) than anyone else, this isn't it

InVolNerable likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The look Vrabel has on his face with his lips puckered and looking like he has a constant question he’s about to ask, bugs me.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Idk how good or bad he is. No offensive line, no qb. Until Hopkins no playmakers outside.

NashVol11 likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

I always thought Pete Carroll looked like he was about to get hit by a truck

11. Ssmiff

They do need to move on from Tannehill but Titans aren’t winning more than 8 anytime soon with Vrabel and Levis

emainvol likes this.
  12. NashVol11

Agreed. I want to say he sucks at hiring OCs, but the first two he hired are both head coaches now. Offense is ugly but part of it is what you mentioned

13. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I’ll put $25 on a charity of one or the others choice they win 8 next year

14. Ssmiff

Offense has been vanilla. Hand to Henry. PA to 12 yard in route. Hand to Henry. Try an out at the sticks…
    Not much misdirection. Not many rollouts, none with misdirection to get a good TE in space. Not many crossing routes. Minimal deep happening. No wr screens. Boring. Big 10 football.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I mean we were the 1 seed in the AFC just two years ago. But his firing was richly deserved after his last two shit drafts/free agent signings and the unforgivable AJ Brown debacle. However he actually was a very good GM initially. He hit several HRs on a lot of those extra high round draft picks we fleeced from STL in exchange for the #1 pick the off season he was hired. We went from worst in the NFL to a perennial playoff contender instantly until it cratered all of a sudden thanks to his moronic decisions

NashVol11 likes this.
  16. NashVol11

Other than Corey Davis, but I agree in general. Henry was one of those picks

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Kevin Dodd was his worst pick until that useless UGA slug of an OT we picked in the first round found a way to usurp the Dodd disaster. He literally decided to just [uck fay]ing quit the second his signing bonus was deposited. Unreal. Sick pick Jon

Corey Davis was a bad value pick at #5. But even he at least was a very solid #2 WR in that year the offense finished like 2nd or 3rd in the entire NFL. His drats generally outside of those specific examples mentioned were solid ones. We picked up a whole new core of good NFL players like Henry, Byard, ect.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dolphins are going to be easy money in the playoffs, as they will get bounced in the first game they play. Their record against good teams is abysmal.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

At least Dolphin fans somehow see the Titans as "good" this year. That shit still makes zero sense how they lost that game

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, GMs are hard to peg. All it takes is a couple good picks and you are almost assured some level of job security regardless of how quickly it goes to shit

Niners had Baalke, got to a Super Bowl and then he ran the roster into the ground before they finally fired him. Now he’s with the Jaguars and I’m just waiting for him to do the same there (and judging by the way that defense has looked this year, it may already be happening)