NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Apparently joining Andy Reid and a good deal of other NFL folks and analysts in complaining about how a call was made means Patrick Mahomes is playing the victim card?

This, of course, does not apply to any other quarterback who incessantly complains about officiating, which is basically all of them.

I mean, I don't think Reid and Mahomes and whoever else was right about the whole "ref should warn you about being lined up offside" thing either, that should be on the player to ask, but it's not some crazy egregious complaint.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

But like I said, Whitlock is [vagina] that is just pandering to morons.

NashVol11 likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Whitlock is either insane or just says things that get him press. Either way I ignore him, as he is everything horrible about sports writers all rolled up together.

NashVol11 and emainvol like this.
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'm honestly surprised there aren't people tying the Chiefs performance this year to Travis Kelce being vaccinated.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That’s kinda silly. Whitlock is a shock jock. Says some crazy stuff.
    Imo calling someone Jesse Smollet for no reason just sounds funny so I may do it this weekend. Like something Danny McBride would say. “Whatever, Jesse Smollet, why don’t you go pretend….”

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m not surprised you read it that way, but I didn’t intend how you clearly perceived it.

emainvol likes this.
  7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I was joking, too. No worries. You were just the first one that replied

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well you better call them Jussie then or they may be confused.

Is that pronounced Juss-ie or Juicy? I honestly don't know.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Poor Mahomes has a dipshit brother and crazy ass wife, people were just waiting to have a reason not to like him

InVolNerable and SetVol13 like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2oE4HSw.jpg

warhammer likes this.
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I want his team to lose, but I don't particularly dislike him for any reason other than he plays for a team I want to lose. Hell he won me a lot of money back when you could play college football DFS, even.

But yeah his wife I can't stand and his brother is a complete douche at absolute best

12. HCKevinSteele

You were walking at 3 am when it was negative 16 outside?

To the subway? …..SANDWICHES?!?

Never gets old for me

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. HCKevinSteele

His brother is 1000x times worse than his wife imo

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Especially if the allegations against him were true. Did those charges stick? I never heard more about it

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's fun as heck to tell your 11 year old Swiftie daughter, as well as that she was a second rate talent that had to use an NFL player to get noticed.

SetVol13, justingroves and VolDad like this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Live reaction of Card's Daughter:

[​IMG]

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Incorrect - she stormed out of room in anger.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

That's funny. Still, most Swifties at this point can probably tell you the Chiefs need a WR1, meanwhile an embarrassing number of "real football fans": It'Z tHa GuRlFrEnD

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Chiefs have some issues but are also running into the same problem most teams have when their QB’s cap hit goes over 13-14%. That said, Mahomes was over that number and they won it all last year but I think it will hinder them going forward. They have or will have less money for big name FAs and thus must draft better.

I think Rice will be a fine WR for them, but not sure he’s going to be the superstar that Tyreek Hill was. Kelce has dropped off and you have to wonder how much of that is the miles on his body combined with the reckless abandon he plays with and the fact he’s seeing more coverage focused on him since there is no other real threat.

I also have to wonder how much losing Bienemy has hurt their offense.

20. HCKevinSteele

All of the above, imo.