Bowl Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CitrusCo.Vol, Nov 28, 2023.

1. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

He's a project that's for sure but I'm sure someone will take a chance on him.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yeah, but seems he felt the room, so to speak, and made more sense to him to hand it off to next years team. He won’t be doing any real NFL prep in the next 3 days. He’s just moving aside. Unselfish, as he shows in his career.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Have you seen the quarterbacks starting in the NFL? I bet he is a clipboard holder for a long time

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not even a direct line to the Big Guy would be enough to answer that prayer.

He will be signed undrafted, I have no doubt, because someone will say "I can fix him". But he will not see a roster, ever.

Imho

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

It’s not normally the guys with freakish arm talent but little natural instinct for the game that hold clipboards.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tyler Bray was in the league for 7 years.

Milton will stick around for a few.

SetVol13 likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just don't understand how there is such a dirth of effective QBs in the league. I know it is a hard position to play, probably toughest in all of sports, but sheesh.

But I never played, so I cannot really judge.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You have to be athletic, learn a complex office, be able to read pre-coverage, know what to do with each coverage presented with every play in playbook, and then have to make split second decisions once ball is snapped with physical freaks trying to break every bone in your body.

The older I get, the more I am in awe of the cream of the crop pro athletes. We just don't understand how good they really are.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The game is changing/has changed below the NFL and the NFL is slow adapting to it, that’s at least part of it

10. Ssmiff

The best see windows the others have to wait until open to see them. Split second delay matters.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I saw that this weekend with a QB making his first career start. Looked like a deer in headlights. 4th and 3, the receiver runs a curl rout. He waited until the receiver had completed his curl and was standing waiting on the ball to throw it; giving the defender plenty of time to defend it.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bray was in the league 7 or 8 years

13. Ssmiff

Milton evidently hanging around for practice, in meeting rooms and will be at the game.

14. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Yeah it was my understanding that he still might dress as the emergency backup.

15. HCKevinSteele

And he was a helluva lot better than Milton.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is going to be Heupel's recruited offense now. Nico, Seldon, Sampson, Webb and Nimrod. I'm excited to see it

17. cpninja

cpninja Member

I dont know how much of Milton's problem is intelligence vs instinct, but worse players with less physical tools have stuck around for a few years. Never underestimate the stupidity of NFL coaches and GMs especially once they see his arm in person

18. Ssmiff

Not being a turnover machine may help. As bad as people say he was, he still had 4000 yards, 30/5 TD/int in 1.5 seasons as a starter.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. HCKevinSteele

If it were all up to GM’s he’d stick around a little while I think. I just think he’ll get into camp and not be able to do a lot of basic things.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was really interested to see how the news affected the line. Can't say that's what I expected.