New NCAA Investigation…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Jan 30, 2024.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's where I am.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

IMG_9083.gif
    IMG_9084.gif

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The NCAA has unified all fronts

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Watching this seismic transformation of the college sporting world landscape take place in real time from a POV of anyone who isn't associated with a member of the SEC/B10 going forward seems like it could be anxiety inducing. I'd be so worried/stressed about my school's place in the sport long term if I was a supporter of a B12/ACC type school.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

“I’m going to deny myself something which I found entertaining. That’ll teach ‘em!”

I heard some of the same stuff. Stupid as hell, but, hey, watch what you want. I just find it funny the part which is pushing you away has practically nothing to do with your reason you watch, i.e. the game on the field.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I wonder what Vandy, Rutgers, & Northwestern are thinking along about now.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Please don't form a super league and leave us out, Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,Please don't form a super league and leave us out,"

A-Smith likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

ncaa is scrambling, they know this is the beginning of the end.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

“Nil $ can’t be used as part of recruiting”. I’m not sure if anybody in leadership making decisions for anything and anywhere in any type or role or business right now is sane.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

Jilted lover

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That was all BS said through gritted teeth smiles, but the NCAA didn't have to say it.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Imagine watching college football happily over the last 40 years and only just now realizing it’s a semi-pro minor league for the NFL and now getting pissed about it.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Another thing that has been rattling around in my head is how the NFL feels about all of this. I doubt they take any side publicly, but what form of free farm league do they think serves them best?

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

18. NorrisAlan

19. NorrisAlan

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

They thought it would "distract" us. Make us complacent..

But we knew they were pizzed (and not happy) that they could not give us the ban-hammer for Pruitt. We have been meticulous in prepping for the threat of LOIC since that day.

Kudos to the current UT leadership team.

TDVol1989 likes this.