NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

BC head coach Jeff Hafley resigning to take the DC job with the Packers. Probably going to be seeing a lot more of this in the near future. College football is a complete mess right now.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hmmm...have an off season I can actually vacation through, or spend 24/7/365 begging my players not to leave? Hmm.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Here’s his quote on why he’s leaving

"College coaching has become fundraising, NIL and recruiting your own team and transfers. There’s no time to coach football anymore."

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m sure it’s a reason Saban left. Many college coaches enjoy the relationships and building an 18yr old immature kid into a beast on the field and grown man off of it 3-4 years later. All this stuff is taking that away.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Really good hire by GB.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Until some presents me with undeniable proof otherwise, Saban retired because Dodge is doing away with the Charger.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Seriously?

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think the next model is going to be called the Saban.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

lol Commanders hire Dan Quinn

10. Ssmiff

Bill Callahan coaching Titans OL

NashVol11, emainvol and warhammer like this.
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It was a slam dunk considering the head coach, but a very good hire nonetheless

NashVol11 likes this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not sure I’ve ever seen a more universally celebrated hire of a mere oline coach. But I’ll take it I guess.

I still remember Bill Callahan coaching the last decent Raiders team of the 21st century to a AFC championship win over the Titans two decades ago. Now he’s coming to Tennessee 20 years later to help fix our god awful oline on behest of his newly hired head coach son.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also fwiw, I don’t think I’ve seen a mock draft yet that doesn’t have the Titans taking the Notre Dame tackle at #7 come April. All the mock draft folks think it’s that obvious that he’s the pick for the Titans come spring

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't have any problem with them going O line first round in the draft other than a stronger O line prolongs them getting a good quarterback.

15. Ssmiff

Will be pulling for them more with these changes. I didn’t like Vrabel.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

We really can’t go wrong taking the best tackle in the draft if that is what falls in our lap. Lord knows our entire Oline needs a makeover asap

Although long term QB question put aside for a moment , I personally lust for Marvin Harrison JR. in this upcoming draft the most. Not sure he’s there at 7. But if he’s like his daddy at all it makes me wish for him to land at my favorite NFL franchise

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't care what you need, if an elite o lineman or d tackle falls in your lap, you choose him

10SEvols likes this.
  18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I remember him more for cratering Nebraska football.

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Just read an article about Christian McCaffrey's mom not being to afford a Super Bowl suite. The article states that suites costs between $1,400,000 and $2,500,000 on average. What the hell? Granted it did show one listed at 300k, but when did prices hit the million mark? I am way out of touch if this has been common for a while. Guess I'll never be watching a Super Bowl in a suite until I get some richer friends.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/olivia-culpo-bought-christian-mccaffreys-170324040.html

20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I mean the SB is just a big rich people party. In terms of scale, the rich folks sitting in the skyboxes at Neyland (not counting the few billionaires) are the common folks at the SB.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.