NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's possible that the criticism you've seen and just referenced is causing you to read my posts for what you think I'm saying rather than what I'm actually saying. I'm not saying the Purdy throw was bad. I'm not trying to compare it to Lamar's throw in triple coverage. I'm just pointing out that a questionable throw at best and INT at worst turned into a 50+ yard gain and set up his only TD pass of the game. It was a very fortunate bounce for the guy.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Your post suggests that you don't know what the word "belligerent" means.

I also don't know how you think that quote from me = "Lamar is more accurate than Purdy." That's literally just not what any of those words mean.

"100% more accurate" seems a bit rich coming from the guy calling me a drama queen, when you consider that Lamar's completion percentage was 67% on the season and Purdy's was 69%. They are pretty similarly accurate on a similar number of throws, by the numbers. And again, this is all in response to literally no one in this thread stating that Lamar is more accurate than Purdy. It literally just didn't happen.

You took my statements about the Ravens' overall gameplan and the OC abandoning the run game and responded with some nonsense about how Lamar can check out of plays. Not sure how else to explain it to you man. You tried to blame the Ravens abandoning the run game on Lamar. You even posted some stupid article clip about how he's allowed to check out of plays. I'm not making up anything - it's all in this thread for everyone to see. You can't try to blame 6 total runs between Hill and Edwards on Lamar and not expect people to call you a fool.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No I did not try to blame the ravens abandoning the running game Indy. Stop lying to try to support your dumbass point. Matter of fact, I posted “OC def should have run more.” So just stop saying the same bullshit

4. Ssmiff

one thing you are right about Indy. Everybody on the site can see posts. Here is one that you turned into “Samiff is blaming Lamar for the gameplan”
    What a clown

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Cheeky edit here, adding in the image. You just love incomplete and partial numbers, don't you? Here's the image you added to this post as an edit after the fact:

upload_2024-1-29_17-56-30.png

The yards are wrong. Here's their total yards for the season:
    Lamar - 4,499
    Purdy - 4,424

TD's are wrong as well and casually leave out turnovers. Here's total TDs/TO's:
    Lamar - 29/9
    Purdy - 33/11

Purdy has the best RB in football next to him and gets to be a solid part of a successful offense. Lamar's best skill player this season was a rookie WR, and the entire offense has to run through Lamar. Lamar threw the ball more than Purdy in the same number of games and still ran the ball 4x as much. He carries a significantly heavier burden.

And again, when they played against each other, Purdy threw 0 TD's and 4 picks while Lamar threw 2 TD's and 0 picks in an ass whipping.

6. Ssmiff

Those weren’t my numbers, came from Google and dated end of December.

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Brady was a baller even early, though. I agree to an extent but it was a lot harder to pass in general; for instance, Brady had 3764 yards and 28 TDs in year 2 which is pretty average by today's standards, but was 6th in yards and 1st in TDs at the time.

InVolNerable likes this.
  8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Among many other things Lamar is about to win his second MVP with mostly scraps around him, what exactly are you imagining he would look like with Aiyuk, Deebo, CMC and Shanahan instead

Indy likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

yeah that’s some talent. Right now in their playoff careers, Lamar averages 2 TOs per game while Purdy averages 1 every 4 games, so I’m sure more weapons would help but it doesn’t matter if you turn the ball over in the playoffs from the qb position.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh look, more partial information! Why did you leave out the second sentence of the post?

I posted a stat that said:

"In the ENTIRE GAME the Ravens had THREE early down RB runs. They gained 17 yards. Against the NFL's #28 run defense. What was Todd Monken doing?"

You responded with (here's the full post)

You are implying that Lamar should have checked them into more run plays (or that he checked them out of run plays when he shouldn't have). You're suggesting that the Ravens not running the ball is somehow Lamar's fault. You even went as far as to post this:

upload_2024-1-29_18-20-5.png

On top of that, you repeatedly refused to hold the OC responsible for the befuddling gameplan and play calling that every person with eyeballs has questioned, and even went as far as to repeatedly mock the sentiment that the play calling was an issue. Here are the receipts:

That last one is my favorite because you thought the sarcasm was cute, but it just highlighted that you don't know what the [uck fay] you are talking about.

Every person who has watched more than 2 Ravens games this season noticed that the Ravens' gameplan against the Chiefs seemed completely out of the norm. Every sports talking head I heard talking about the game today pointed out how the Ravens never even tried to establish the run and questioned Monken's gameplan. Some, like Barnwell, even took a deep dive into how the numbers support the position.

Yet you just blamed Lamar, refused to even acknowledge that the OC might not have done his job very well, and even mocked the idea that anyone would hold an offensive coordinator responsible for establishing a gameplan and calling plays that support his team's/players' strengths. It was almost like you came into the discussion with a preconceived stance (that Lamar sucks/chokes in the playoffs), and then, using partial/twisted information, declared that stance to be correct. It was honestly reminiscent of, well, nearly every conversation I've ever had with you on here.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I know that. Jesus, where's the Fulmer facepalm photo when you need it?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Has it ever occurred to you that because the entire offense runs through Lamar, more so than any other QB in the league, that he's more susceptible to turnovers by default?

Here, let's put it in terms you might actually understand. Why might a PG average the most TO's per game on a team despite being the team's best ballhandler? Why is ZZ averaging more TO's per game than any other player on our team despite being our best ballhandler and distributer by a fair margin?

Is it because he has the ball in his hands significantly more frequently than every other player, as a result of being the fulcrum that drives our offense?

Now, think about that in terms of Lamar Jackson and his role on the Ravens. It's not rocket science.

13. Ssmiff

lol. Yeah qbs have the ball every play. No shit.

InVolNerable and justingroves like this.
  14. Ssmiff

And yes, I said they shoulda run more, asked if Lamar is allowed to check, then answered my own question with research.
    I don’t give af what you think was implied.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Cowherd:

"You know I love Lamar, but I can also acknowledge that was not good. But we have to be fair here. That felt like coaching malpractice. They completely abandoned their identity. They run, they pound, they grind - this is what they do. #1 rushing team in the league by far. Until... yesterday. Their RB's... in Baltimore... I'm not making this up... had 6... total... carries... the most they trailed by was 10!... Baltimore never felt like they HAD to throw."

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Show me the post where you criticized the gameplan or play calling (without acting like it was actually Lamar's fault). I'll wait.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jesus, Fulmer face palm AGAIN? So quickly?

You can't honestly be this obtuse.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What, you mean it's impressive for a QB to win an MVP when his 2 most impactful weapons are a rookie WR and a sophomore TE?

Purdy isn't even the best player on his own offense.

19. Ssmiff

The post of yours responsed to talked about the gameplan and I responded “yes they shoulda run it more”, then mentioned checking. “Acting like”, “implying..” that’s all your bullshit, just like in the game when you cried about refs like a Vandy [itch bay]

20. Ssmiff

Luckily most on here don’t look at this thread as you turn another one into a debacle. Common theme in those is you indy. Not me.