23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Kyle Tucker, The Athletic’s Kentucky guy:

“[Kentucky fans] sold out Rupp, packed it to the rafters and roared for as long as it remained reasonable to keep believing Saturday night. They came hoping to see a legitimate championship contender, and they did, but that team celebrated, loudly and wildly, in the visitors locker room.”

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So is JJJ doing his yearly flipping of the switch?

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Savage

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Hope so. Need him if we're going to make a deep run.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

These are really good guys.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Offsetting techs.........

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There was no way that would end any other way. Referees aren’t going to take a risk there

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I mean I don’t blame him for kissing Tobe. Brawn and brains are a lethal combo.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It’s honestly been a few years since I’ve seen this much hate coming from UK fans. They really got their hopes up about this team. They may still turn it around, but for now it’s all very heartwarming to see.

10SEvols, SetVol13 and IP like this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Try your best to imagine how devastating and maddening the mental torture would be if we lived in a world where Kentucky football was capable of beating Tennessee on any given occasion outside of the rare years we had a lame duck head coach where we actually preferred to lose. Reality here must be very difficult to cope with on their end.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Good Monday morning fellas.

If you start having a bad day, just remember that we hung 103 in Rupp on Saturday. If that doesn't lift your mood, nothing will.

12. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

I've rewatched the highlights like 3 times still trying to refute that it was a dream.

CardinalVol likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was trash talking one of my 14 year old son's best friends Saturday night.

A-Smith likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wire to wire.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Barnes has to be strangling off the manufacture of new Volcats. Kids growing up these last few years will not see Kentucky as on some other level.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We were out walking the dogs Saturday night, and I just felt so good. No better way to describe it. Just felt good. Almost like a floating feeling of happiness. I thought to myself about how annoying the rest of the night would have been had we lost that game, and I was so glad to have the complete opposite feeling.

Probably unhealthy either way, to have a stupid college basketball game impact my mood so dramatically on a Saturday night, but I was definitely okay with it for that night.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

lol. Same except 17. Sons friend came to watch and is ky fan. Don’t think he’s been trash talked by and old man before

A-Smith likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hate to say it, but if I was told we had to split the games last week with those exact scores, then this is the way I would have wanted them to split.

Tar Volon and A-Smith like this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I like what ole orange said the other day. It’s the only two games in the basketball regular season that are on par with an SEC football game

MaconVol likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s kind of disappointing we only took the lead once, tbh

OneForVol, SetVol13 and TennTradition like this.